公卫人

找回密码
 立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 7685|回复: 7

[分享] Questions and Answers: Avian Influenza[Learn basic facts about avian influenz

[复制链接]
epiman 发表于 2009-1-9 13:41:49 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

注册后推荐绑定QQ,之后方才可以使用下方的“用QQ帐号登录”。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
Questions and Answers: Avian Influenza ( }1 T' X; N: R: e# w; n/ t
3 P5 j. l5 O, D- A5 z  E+ A
March 2007   ?2 I3 U, G% t5 H- K
; X$ a# d) Y$ @. W6 ]% L8 {
The Biology of Avian Influenza ' ]* ^- v; L0 C% K3 M  r
1 @1 m  |8 M" G) g% J
Q. What is avian influenza?
+ v3 a, u* I: |, T
4 b' [) P- k; F% c. N1 ?A. Avian influenza (AI)--the bird flu--is a virus that infects wild birds (such as ducks, gulls, and shorebirds) and domestic poultry (such as chickens, turkeys, ducks, and geese). There is flu for birds just as there is for humans and, as with people, some forms of the flu are worse than others. " ]/ g. x$ V, ~# p
$ J8 W; f$ b6 [/ G9 E
AI viruses are classified by a combination of two groups of proteins: the hemagglutinin or H proteins, of which there are 16 (H1-H16), and neuraminidase or N proteins, of which there are 9 (N1-N9). Based upon these two groups of proteins, there are 144 different characterizations of the virus.
: D# V# ]$ d, {: Z' n* J7 v& [9 u; ~; R9 Z  r/ ~
AI strains also are divided into two groups based upon the ability of the virus to produce disease in poultry: low pathogenic avian influenza (LPAI) and highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI). 7 H- W: B! v4 [8 t( ]: h" ^
2 W5 Y& S1 N6 x
LPAI, or "low path" avian influenza, naturally occurs in wild birds and can spread to domestic birds. In most cases it causes no signs of infection or only minor symptoms in birds. These strains of the virus pose little threat to human health. LPAI H5 and H7 strains have the potential to mutate into HPAI and are therefore closely monitored.
0 z. b& y8 S6 z; K! }, _, I
* s$ P1 W. m  s! `HPAI, or "high path" avian influenza, is often fatal in chickens and turkeys. HPAI spreads more rapidly than LPAI and has a higher death rate in birds. HPAI H5N1 is the type rapidly spreading in some parts of the world.
0 J( I7 K5 J. I) Q! L
  ~% y% \* o2 z+ J% OQ. How does the avian influenza virus spread in birds?
& e0 H9 H! m! _: h* @+ }" r4 T- x* g, b" S4 J
A. Avian influenza is primarily spread by direct contact between healthy birds and infected birds, and through indirect contact with contaminated equipment and materials. The virus is excreted through the feces of infected birds and through secretions from the nose, mouth and eyes. $ ~* {" q& @: ^6 z
/ P( y  e* e( k' S- ~& n( S. {
Contact with infected fecal material is the most common of bird–to–bird transmission. Wild ducks often introduce low pathogenic avian influenza into domestic flocks raised on range or in open flight pens through fecal contamination. Within a poultry house, transfer of the highly pathogenic avian influenza virus between birds also can occur via airborne secretions. The spread of avian influenza between poultry premises almost always follows the movement of contaminated people and equipment. Avian influenza also can be found on the outer surfaces of egg shells. Transfer of eggs is a potential means of transmission. Airborne transmission of virus from farm to farm is highly unlikely under usual circumstances.
5 D6 j8 f( Q. \' k; x5 {! D8 O3 }1 K" U0 h+ k) U; i# n6 U
Q. What are the signs of illness of birds infected with avian influenza? . A; j1 y+ r; ~3 G4 ^

* i7 N# Q- k3 R( t$ [A. Low pathogenic avian influenza signs are typically mild. Infected birds typically show signs of decreased food consumption, respiratory signs (coughing and sneezing) and decreased egg production. Birds that are infected with highly pathogenic avian influenza are more severely ill and could exhibit one or more of the following clinical signs: sudden death; lack of energy and appetite; decreased egg production; soft–shelled or misshapen eggs; swelling; purple discoloration; nasal discharge; coughing, sneezing; lack of coordination and diarrhea.
+ J$ x% w8 ~, j- Y. }$ c  ]( x1 ^; z4 m! D, [
Q. Is it possible for a low pathogenic avian influenza strain to become highly pathogenic?
! R4 k; L8 d# O7 {/ m& s; o
- ^, s% f4 }* Y+ c3 \) RA. Some low pathogenic subtypes have the capacity to mutate into more virulent strains. While low pathogenic avian influenza is considered lower risk, low pathogenic strains of the virus – the H5 and H7 strains – can mutate into highly pathogenic forms. # ]( n  o9 W$ ?

( X, {; p9 x% W& s  LHistory of Avian Influenza in the United States & a% w) c4 Y: N' P: U, ~8 `
- ?7 y* Y% h- ^2 L0 o4 |
Q. Does highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza currently exist in the United States? Has it ever occurred in this country?
# `* ^+ `6 s9 }/ x* D' X
. {3 r6 i- _% C, p5 }A. Incidents of low pathogenic avian influenza are commonly detected in domestic poultry flocks. Low pathogenic avian influenza does not pose a serious threat to human health.
2 z& d, s2 ?6 i/ a9 S
) x, O/ m- u5 {* }There is no evidence that any highly pathogenic avian influenza currently exists in the United States. Historically, there have been three highly pathogenic avian influenza outbreaks in poultry in this country--in 1924, 1983 and 2004. No significant human illness resulted from these outbreaks.
+ x* p( d7 i; u; H! J: w$ C9 B/ k$ z, q7 K! O  h
The 1924 H7 HPAI outbreak was detected in and contained to East Coast live bird markets. 4 q# o9 ~6 U( P! x# P' O
& T, z  y3 i: d4 S  l" L
The 1983-84 H5N2 HPAI bird outbreaks resulted in the destruction of approximately 17 million chickens, turkeys, and guinea fowl in the northeastern United States to contain and eradicate the disease.
5 t: p7 J  @, h: c- Y3 o- d3 A: x7 F7 c9 l) o  w) z  ?& c
In 2004, USDA confirmed an H5N2 HPAI outbreak in chickens in the southern United States. The disease was quickly eradicated thanks to close coordination and cooperation between USDA, state, local, and industry leaders. Because of the quick response, the disease was limited to one flock.
7 s! C: ~- ~' P8 Q& i; k% H" F( Y" x, s% q! [
Avian Influenza and USDA's Role in Protecting the United States 3 c8 ]4 `2 f! }+ P) z' R4 s3 p
8 ~4 G7 K$ ~) P+ k% {3 a
Q. What is USDA doing to prevent the introduction of HPAI into the United States?
  Y! k' L( x2 g" ]/ [; u
( ~' B; n3 |( J4 S  W+ EA: USDA recognizes that highly pathogenic avian influenza poses a significant threat to animal health and has the potential to threaten human health. Accordingly, USDA has safeguards in place to protect against the introduction of highly pathogenic avian influenza into the United States. USDA maintains trade restrictions on the importation of poultry and poultry products from countries and/or regions where there have been confirmed outbreaks of highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza in commercial or traditionally-raised poultry. % Y' G0 [* \/ a4 ?' |2 b  i

/ N: m! v; R7 B2 M+ U! c: b& i1 JSurveillance: USDA works with Federal and State partners and industry to monitor U.S. bird populations. Surveillance is conducted in four key areas: live bird markets, commercial flocks, backyard flocks, and migratory bird populations. Extensive testing occurs in live bird markets and commercial flocks. Additionally, birds that show signs of illness are tested. , E3 i5 k( ^: n. L
$ P8 j# b0 E. |- h1 s* U& Y) x* e: K, n
Through a backyard flock biosecurity program, USDA encourages backyard and small poultry producers to strengthen biosecurity practices in order to prevent the introduction of AI into their flocks. Biosecurity refers to practical management practices that help to prevent diseases. 4 p1 w2 s0 K- S6 C& S7 [
( z! c: _  G# c. A6 G
USDA recognizes that prevention is only one part of a comprehensive strategy and therefore continues to work closely with its Federal, State, and Tribal partners and industry stakeholders to have effective and coordinated emergency response plans at the ready should an outbreak of highly pathogenic avian influenza occur in the United States.
* r+ s9 J3 v1 r) u- E- S& V0 T, ^/ X  G- O9 h
Q. Is USDA doing any work globally?
9 T/ T. p5 ?5 y; p1 J8 @6 |* I
0 t- a1 x% u$ ^' T( d) P! ^A. USDA works closely with international organizations like the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE), the United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), and World Health Organization (WHO) to assist highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza-affected countries and other neighboring Asian-Pacific countries with disease prevention, management, and eradication activities. By helping these countries prepare for, manage, or eradicate highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza outbreaks, USDA can help stop the spread of this virus at its source - overseas. # Z( d/ b1 @4 V/ p9 N
  w$ s# _" N) z* v/ a" S
Some efforts include:
0 ]7 U; Z( G' j$ P+ ?9 O9 |# L0 _( K
Training sessions for veterinarians and poultry disease experts from H5N1-affected and at-risk countries to teach testing protocols.
# a% Q* i6 _0 a) B4 @1 YProfessional expertise and funding to help launch the FAO-OIE Crisis Management Center in Rome, to respond rapidly and effectively to avian influenza outbreaks in poultry worldwide. ) C' [  c; `; P; s
Assistance to highly pathogenic H5N1-affected countries, including laboratory equipment, reagents, and sample shipping containers to bolster AI testing and diagnostic programs. 4 |: f' m! A/ X0 C& R
In collaboration with FAO and OIE, USDA has deployed expert scientists, veterinarians, and animal health emergency managers to highly pathogenic H5N1-affected countries to test and diagnose avian influenza; advise on surveillance and vaccination programs to protect poultry; and advise on emergency contingency plans.
, \* o2 ^: g: b3 F
1 _4 N0 W6 E' s  J! O. x8 {- WQ. If there was an outbreak of avian influenza in the United States, what would USDA do? 5 c2 [3 G2 i. Y

& `% I0 ?4 t: F" o* iA. USDA works closely with its Federal, State, and tribal partners, as well as industry stakeholders, to coordinate emergency response to animal disease outbreaks, including AI. ; p3 ?* K1 ?  o" Y, c5 b

# N% G) K3 d7 S3 F* |USDA provides expertise, funding, and support personnel to States when low pathogenic avian influenza is detected. Close attention is paid to low pathogenic avian influenza H5 and H7 strains, because of their potential to mutate into highly pathogenic avian influenza. When highly pathogenic avian influenza is detected, USDA and State personnel are primary responders because of the rapid spread and high death rate among poultry. - h' O; P; x" ^$ t, b
$ R2 t9 s4 H" v  _
In the event of a highly pathogenic avian influenza outbreak in the United States, USDA would work with States and industry to respond quickly and decisively following these five basic steps:
$ I# }2 {, ^/ l* k0 Q0 q; N+ `2 u' J3 x$ ]* y: W- p" R' u
Quarantine – restrict movement of poultry and poultry-moving equipment into and out of the control area;
: W. K6 ]* i7 ]$ n' BEradicate – humanely euthanize;
  I/ m& J% z( xMonitor region – broad area of testing;
* j" S  K2 l: I9 `2 e, cDisinfect – kills virus; and 2 C* l" w+ Z0 k' B; ]
Test – confirm that the poultry farm is AI virus-free. : j, Z# G, D3 c- g7 E2 k, `; d. D
USDA also maintains a bank of AI vaccine that could be used to protect healthy birds outside a control area, if necessary.
: A* z6 {7 ~- w
. z( ~" n+ p! ~0 fUSDA and State veterinarians are specially trained to diagnose foreign animal diseases, such as avian influenza and regularly conduct field investigations of suspicious disease conditions. This monitoring is assisted by university personnel, State animal health officials, USDA–accredited veterinarians, and members of the industry who report suspicious cases. USDA and State animal health officials work cooperatively with the poultry industry to conduct surveillance at breeding flocks, slaughter plants, live–bird markets, livestock auctions, and poultry dealers. 0 N8 y' ^/ G; o6 O% W
9 [0 Y( o- _; p4 l2 F; `
Avian Influenza Testing and Diagnostics 5 L$ i2 h" o& X# x
0 W* P% D/ d1 M5 y
Q. What kind of test is used to diagnose avian influenza in birds? # E  O0 }# d# o
8 |' c; z3 @" v
A: Samples are usually taken by swabbing the mucus that coats the throat of live birds, which does not harm the birds. With wild birds, a fecal sample can be taken instead. These samples go into sealed tubes and are taken to USDA-approved laboratories. The initial test is a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test. A PCR test is a rapid method of identifying the virus, typically producing results within 3 hours. If a sample from an area where avian influenza has not been previously detected tests positive on a rapid test, a virus isolation confirmatory test is performed. This test involves growing the sample in embryonated chicken eggs, which then provides the material to allow detailed identification of the strain of virus and whether it is highly pathogenic or low pathogenic. The virus isolation test can take 7-10 days to produce results. All H5 and H7 isolations are confirmed at the National Veterinary Services Laboratory at Ames, Iowa. 4 k! P3 Q3 l/ V  w& d  c! V/ \

6 l& O' ~8 @% e; d8 TProtecting Birds from Avian Influenza
; d/ j- b/ P" h
; R' C5 n  e2 I1 L( Y: wQ. I have a back yard flock. How can I protect them from avian influenza?
4 j$ W" ^/ y( t6 ?. p
8 c( W5 m0 g0 t2 z+ f, P3 KA. USDA recommends that owners of backyard flocks follow these six tips to prevent poultry disease:
3 Q) Y' q, f5 k$ H; U( r; p' Y1 I1 @9 q; x7 b8 t+ {
keep your distance (restrict access to your property and your birds);
; `4 z. c  F1 }) _9 \; |  A) w0 Ckeep it clean (clean and disinfect your clothes, shoes, equipment, and hands);
. D- V0 g0 E' d6 z7 fdon't haul disease home (if you have been near other birds or bird owners, clean and disinfect poultry cages and equipment before going home); - F2 f4 @0 d8 U% S# `& T( Z; T
don't risk disease from your neighbor (do not borrow lawn and garden equipment, tools, or poultry supplies from other bird owners);
0 ?! s! i& e* V* _& Zknow the warning signs (sudden increase in bird deaths, sneezing, coughing, nasal discharge, watery or green diarrhea, lack of energy, poor appetite, drop in egg production, swelling around the eyes, neck, and head, and purple discoloration of wattles, combs, and legs); and - ?# B  ?: c! `! w% o  R
report sick birds (call your local or State veterinarian, or USDA toll-free at 1-866-536-7593). / p* J1 F* i* q$ H; x; ]
1 W3 x' h) ~+ ]2 i
Q. What can poultry producers do to prevent an AI outbreak on their farms? 9 ~' F' Z) n7 u8 M' ?7 z' W
* K6 Q/ G: z* |0 u2 ^+ Z2 c8 {
A. Poultry producers should strengthen biosecurity practices to prevent the introduction of AI into their flocks. The following are some sound biosecurity practices: 8 X/ V+ h9 X' x8 b8 }. c% V8 [4 u6 D
( U' Y3 l9 F0 u/ ?5 W
Keep an "all–in, all–out" philosophy of flock management. Avoid skimming flocks—birds left behind are exposed to work crews and equipment that could carry poultry disease viruses. Process each lot of birds separately, and clean and disinfect poultry houses between flocks.
/ Y/ \0 n, a- F/ zProtect poultry flocks from coming into contact with wild or migratory birds. Keep poultry away from any source of water that could have been contaminated by wild birds.
9 D9 Y2 }4 x/ J2 U! {! K9 E6 f# UPermit only essential workers and vehicles to enter the farm. 4 N3 [$ _) x9 v1 w0 p3 q
Provide clean clothing and disinfection facilities for employees. 8 O' |' h8 m3 P: g; u9 v% h
Thoroughly clean and disinfect equipment and vehicles (including tires and undercarriage) entering and leaving the farm. 3 i* `6 K! F) ]' @  d  t, l
Do not loan to, or borrow equipment or vehicles from, other farms. 4 w* @0 q3 K5 s
Change footwear and clothing before working with your own flock after visiting another farm or 2 V% \# ]! y, C1 Y, p
live–bird market or avoid visiting another bird farm if possible. ) }" R7 J9 W5 j- S- ~! U
Do not bring birds from slaughter channels, especially those from live–bird markets, back to the farm.
8 x7 F3 I0 E% n8 C2 g  ZIf avian influenza is detected, farms must be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. Avian influenza viruses are inactivated by heat and drying and also these viruses are very sensitive to most disinfectants and detergents. The area to be disinfected must be clear of organic material, which greatly increases the resistance of avian influenza virus' resistance to disinfection. , J9 [0 W* o& ]1 @% h

% y$ q8 [7 P; w$ o& [6 fQ. What should producers do if their birds appear to have signs of avian influenza? 7 V5 J9 v- h3 ]8 K, ?
1 ], l# s* |" V: U
A. If birds exhibit clinical signs of highly pathogenic avian influenza or might have been exposed to birds with the disease, producers or bird owners should immediately notify Federal or State animal health officials. Information can be found at www.usda.gov/birdflu. . r! `- S+ A( a: d/ u

" r4 H; X; B0 M+ \; GFood Safety and Avian Influenza
% D6 Z  Q6 l8 z
+ c# C: `' u  c0 i/ B) CQ. Does proper food handling prevent avian influenza? , w3 H/ p$ `& m. U$ X
; `+ o2 u0 ]- S1 X2 L- \( ]
A. Avian influenza is not transmissible by eating properly prepared poultry. If highly pathogenic avian influenza were detected in the United States, the chance of infected poultry or eggs entering the food chain would be extremely low because of the rapid onset of symptoms in poultry as well as the safeguards in place, which include testing of flocks, and Federal inspection programs. 3 s$ K9 a: S1 t3 S) y: u
1 Q6 K! Z) b- D8 j& s8 i
USDA works to educate the public about safe food handling practices in response to numerous questions from the public about the human risk associated with avian influenza.
/ N; n! S7 i) b  _' y; V( |1 K) Y% F1 _. y4 h' q  S
Q. What does proper food handling mean?
! x$ A4 F, I6 F1 v' _. o" F% S5 D1 l' o7 q( \5 a2 U
A. Proper handling and cooking of poultry provides protection against all avian influenza viruses, as it does against many viruses and bacteria, including Salmonella and E.coli. Safe food handling and preparation is important at all times. USDA continually reminds consumers to practice safe food handling and preparation every day: 4 ?! v; d! _9 y% F2 n9 L7 F0 C

s- u0 E! r& Q- ~6 k* m3 jCooking poultry, eggs, and other poultry products to the proper temperature and preventing cross-contamination between raw and cooked food is the key to safety. You should: & ^. W& K0 d1 S; H6 K
* t2 l. g& G, B* w
Wash hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds before and after handling raw poultry and eggs;
, M) q2 B+ b4 s- T% L7 n6 a9 tPrevent cross-contamination by keeping raw poultry and eggs away from other foods;
' p5 i+ ~& X0 c7 mAfter cutting raw meat, wash cutting board, knife, and countertops with hot, soapy water;
0 A# F1 F# p6 T; w% ISanitize cutting boards by using a solution of 1 tablespoon chlorine bleach in 1 gallon of water; and
" i" F; w3 l9 y0 D9 [Use a food thermometer to ensure poultry has reached the safe internal temperature of at least - T2 {% L* F: M6 U/ a: ]" b
165 °F to kill foodborne germs that might be present, including the avian influenza viruses.
9 j. A# i2 p, x8 M& v) \( `
: l8 d: j" d% iAvian Influenza and Human Health ; N2 h9 m' T; |# n, t
' x4 D% z7 r& Z; r4 I& P7 A/ O
Q. How can people become infected with avian influenza?
" D) ]: S! R, U
( B" V) @) Z  ]; p, n, ~/ t* Q- CA. Although the highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza virus does not usually infect people, more than 200 human cases have been reported since 2004. Most people who have become sick or died from highly pathogenic H5N1 have had extensive, direct contact with infected poultry. Broad concerns about public health relate to the potential for the virus to mutate, or change into a form that could easily spread from person to person, a characteristic that could result in a human influenza pandemic. There is no evidence that this is occurring. Strains of avian influenza that have been detected in U.S. poultry, including low pathogenic and highly pathogenic; have caused no known human illnesses. 0 _4 N" U0 G( z
& l. V* N; m; g- A+ ]) f) m
Avian Influenza and World Trade 4 F, p. U) I9 h

/ A, o4 ~5 ^' nQ. Could live poultry, poultry or poultry products come from a country where there is highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza?
5 M( b! y8 y( H1 `4 s+ \' B$ ]* N" @1 p
A. Poultry products imported into the U.S. must meet all safety standards that are applied to foods produced in the United States. # M5 Y8 ?1 w7 ^
3 o% }- F3 k6 c1 y
No poultry or poultry products from countries and/or regions with confirmed cases of highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza can be imported into the United States. USDA regulations require that import permits accompany properly sanitized poultry products, such as raw feathers.
8 P) ]" x# e7 @
# s4 w* V9 v% C8 Z4 A! G8 mQ. Is avian influenza a reportable disease under international trade guidelines? # n: _7 p5 i0 B5 o% J$ \- g1 k

% y8 p. x9 F. g5 H5 b& d* PA. Highly pathogenic avian influenza is considered a reportable disease by the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE). OIE has developed animal health standards that classify all H5 and H7 viruses as reportable diseases. 0 ]* F+ X# Y. D+ z# T! v
3 J# }% t$ [* o8 v5 c" n
Q. Does USDA maintain import restrictions? ! z+ S; M* Q' I
  I" c- Z8 I$ O9 I8 g! n& U
A. USDA quarantines and tests live birds imported into the United States to ensure that they do not have any foreign animal diseases such as the highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza virus.
) C2 I8 P) }& w% |9 p3 j4 R& t1 Y0 o9 i* S; W) v% ]6 `) w
All imported live birds (except from Canada) must spend 30 days at a USDA quarantine facility where they are tested for the avian influenza virus before entering the country. Returning U.S.-origin pet birds (except from Canada) also are tested and quarantined at a USDA facility. ' _& o$ {1 a# R$ c; m+ l* H
* B9 Y7 u* a& C; }/ [# b
USDA maintains trade restrictions on the importation of poultry and poultry products originating from countries and/or regions where the highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza strain has been detected in commercial or traditionally raised poultry (not wild birds). USDA regulations require that import permits accompany properly sanitized poultry products, such as raw feathers.
7 M/ X! ^3 m2 x0 z& {$ v
& B5 u8 y6 G  v; G  S1 qAdditionally, USDA has increased its monitoring for illegally smuggled poultry and poultry products through an anti-smuggling program in coordination with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security - Customs and Border Protection.
2 A/ S1 B$ r+ U' e
3 H% a8 t% j) `" \8 e  h0 EQ. How do I get more information about avian influenza? + b# D2 }" ]6 X4 G% a& K
! z2 v$ i6 F: b& l. A5 C9 p' h  k
USDA efforts to protect against and respond to bird flu: www.usda.gov/birdflu 7 D7 J* y4 `" W8 P4 t

7 Y1 X0 x& Y6 k/ u$ J6 E  W. AReport Sick Farm Birds: If your farm birds are sick or dying, call USDA's Veterinary Services toll free at 1-866-536-7593, or your State Veterinarian or local extension agent.   R* O% U- q1 N6 U( M; @
) S6 @2 d7 j2 w. d0 Y
Report Dead Wild Birds: Dead wild birds can be reported to State or Federal wildlife agencies. Information on how to make contact with Wildlife officials in your State is available at www.usda.gov/birdflu ' [1 i6 s% Z1 i- s* q' @
% R* _9 Z) h* n: @7 m
Safe Food Preparation: USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline - 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854), TTY: 1-800 256-7072 (available in English and Spanish). Online answers are provided at www.fsis.usda.gov by clicking on "Ask Karen." 6 c9 b: f/ i, m6 f

0 t7 S3 P3 ?- x, Y- a  C: yCurrent Listing of Countries/Areas Affected with HPAI H5N1: www.usda.gov/birdflu
( J: H( w6 M* Z  s6 \  M6 ^* E
1 G  Y. ~5 [6 F8 ^U.S. Government efforts to protect human health: www.pandemicflu.gov ' X1 R% x) t, ^4 Y# r3 K
Last Modified: 03/14/2007
monydwh 发表于 2009-2-3 18:54:02 | 显示全部楼层
其中有个 “such as raw feathers ”,我不知道该如何翻译,需要修改,请教一下!, Y/ C+ x1 ^' G7 i5 k! x
:victory:
  n: L) u; }2 \0 P5 p& s. F( b: m4 Q
因文章太长,我分四部分回复。(用附件上传,却不支持.doc的扩展名?)3 C- P! w6 o4 u$ |2 s# G" r. X

! s, m: g) Q4 [+ F. eQuestions and Answers: Avian Influenza[Learn basic facts about avian influenz
- V* s5 M0 d7 Q: `& D5 v关于禽流感的问与答<学习关于禽流感的基础知识>
! ~2 ~/ y3 s! |, ~5 ~Questions and Answers: Avian Influenza
& {- f' m: y0 t8 DMarch 2007/ k  m; I% D; F9 b$ @/ y
关于禽流感的问与答
! O4 B, I, F" Y; g! v3 Q% n& R2007年3月: n1 {, j" M) T
The Biology of Avian Influenza 2 c, A) w8 d9 N) A8 x* F5 T7 X; m3 U
禽流感的生物学问题) }. W$ ~5 z3 t; Y
Q. What is avian influenza?
) E5 l& I8 N7 t, H9 c. k$ ^  T5 b; p$ c问:什么是禽流感?. V7 A- F5 n& [6 z7 `4 e) J, [
A. Avian influenza (AI)--the bird flu--is a virus that infects wild birds (such as ducks, gulls, and shorebirds) and domestic poultry (such as chickens, turkeys, ducks, and geese). There is flu for birds just as there is for humans and, as with people, some forms of the flu are worse than others.
. ~0 L( A. c% h, `- @$ k3 ?答:AI—即禽流感—是一种能感染野生鸟类(如鸭、鸥和海鸟)和家禽(如鸡、火鸡、鸭、鹅)的病毒。就像人类有流感一样,鸟类也有流感,而且和人一样,其中有些类型的流感病毒比其他类型的病毒有更强的致病性。
; n- j% A1 e9 s! X5 MAI viruses are classified by a combination of two groups of proteins: the hemagglutinin or H proteins, of which there are 16 (H1-H16), and neuraminidase or N proteins, of which there are 9 (N1-N9). Based upon these two groups of proteins, there are 144 different characterizations of the virus. + R) c/ ?' M* t' V7 M
禽流感病毒是根据以下两组蛋白的连接方式分类的,一组是血红蛋白凝集素,又称作H蛋白,它包括16个亚型,即H1-H16;另外一组是神经氨酸酐酶,又称作N蛋白,它包括9个亚型,即N1-N9;以这两组蛋白为基础,禽流感病毒可被分为144种不同的类型。9 u2 x( l% V+ G# h3 M+ b
AI strains also are divided into two groups based upon the ability of the virus to produce disease in poultry: low pathogenic avian influenza (LPAI) and highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI). + A" u3 k( y) D7 t, L% H
还可以以禽流感病毒对家禽的致病能力为基础,将病毒株分为两种类型:即低致病性禽流感病毒(LPAI)和高致病性禽流感病毒(HPAI)。' g4 ^' g5 [/ A( e% D# X! H; U5 Y
LPAI, or "low path" avian influenza, naturally occurs in wild birds and can spread to domestic birds. In most cases it causes no signs of infection or only minor symptoms in birds. These strains of the virus pose little threat to human health. LPAI H5 and H7 strains have the potential to mutate into HPAI and are therefore closely monitored.   g8 p! d' v- E! q
低致病性禽流感病毒可以在野生鸟类体内自然产生,并传播到家禽。多数情况下,该病毒并不引起禽类的感染症状或者只引起轻微症状。这些病毒株对于人类的健康基本不构成什么威胁。低致病性禽流感病毒中的H5和H7型具有变异为高致病性禽流感病毒的潜在可能
/ M( v2 s2 l4 `( b9 jHPAI, or "high path" avian influenza, is often fatal in chickens and turkeys. HPAI spreads more rapidly than LPAI and has a higher death rate in birds. HPAI H5N1 is the type rapidly spreading in some parts of the world.
. q' K5 w. I0 |# e( l1 R高致病性禽流感病毒对于鸡和火鸡常常是致命性的。与低致病性禽流感病毒相比,它的传播速度更快、死亡率更高。其中的H5N1型病毒是在世界某些地区传播极快的一型病毒。; M' p! Q! [' E

) ?7 M0 y4 R' MQ. How does the avian influenza virus spread in birds?
" t: N( g! h/ P$ P% [2 J8 F问:禽流感病毒是如何在禽类之间传播的?/ b5 T  Q# P9 M
A. Avian influenza is primarily spread by direct contact between healthy birds and infected birds, and through indirect contact with contaminated equipment and materials. The virus is excreted through the feces of infected birds and through secretions from the nose, mouth and eyes. 8 }7 K+ L& U' ]; n
答:禽流感病毒主要是通过直接和间接接触被污染的设备和物质在健康的鸟类和感染的鸟类之间传播的,病毒也可以通过感染鸟类的粪便和鼻、口、眼的分泌物排出体外。4 ?5 j& d5 i: t+ M' c6 H
Contact with infected fecal material is the most common of bird–to–bird transmission. Wild ducks often introduce low pathogenic avian influenza into domestic flocks raised on range or in open flight pens through fecal contamination. Within a poultry house, transfer of the highly pathogenic avian influenza virus between birds also can occur via airborne secretions. The spread of avian influenza between poultry premises almost always follows the movement of contaminated people and equipment. Avian influenza also can be found on the outer surfaces of egg shells. Transfer of eggs is a potential means of transmission. Airborne transmission of virus from farm to farm is highly unlikely under usual circumstances. ) ]# y+ K& N( P. l8 b
接触感染禽类的排泄物是禽-禽之间最常见的传播途径。野鸭常常通过带病毒的排泄物将低致病性禽流感病毒传播给圈养的家禽。在一个鸡舍内,禽类间高致病性禽流感病毒还可通过空气中的分泌物传播。禽舍之间禽流感病毒的传播常常接着就是感染人群和设备的流动。人们还可在蛋壳的外表面发现禽流感病毒。蛋类间的传播是一种潜在的传播方式。农场间的空气传播在正常状况下是不大可能发生的。9 N5 L2 z! Y" G( {( x
. q1 @4 N3 Z' h( S
Q. What are the signs of illness of birds infected with avian influenza?
# |8 Q# V) w( g4 K  u3 M问:感染禽流感病毒的禽类的病症是什么?
8 N. v, Y% R$ i/ D4 PA. Low pathogenic avian influenza signs are typically mild. Infected birds typically show signs of decreased food consumption, respiratory signs (coughing and sneezing) and decreased egg production. Birds that are infected with highly pathogenic avian influenza are more severely ill and could exhibit one or more of the following clinical signs: sudden death; lack of energy and appetite; decreased egg production; soft–shelled or misshapen eggs; swelling; purple discoloration; nasal discharge; coughing, sneezing; lack of coordination and diarrhea. ) W* g7 n  y5 M" x( ^5 P
答:低致病性禽流感病毒所引起的症状比较温和。感染禽类的典型表现有:食量下降、呼吸系统症状(咳嗽、打喷嚏)、产蛋量下降。感染高致病性禽流感病毒的禽类其病症更为严重,可以表现出以下一个或多个临床症状:突然死亡、缺乏活力、食欲下降、产蛋量减少或产出软皮蛋或畸形蛋、水肿、皮肤青紫、流鼻涕、咳嗽、打喷嚏、协调力下降及腹泻。
4 Q- a9 n7 U  ^; P2 ~' n# w# s
Q. Is it possible for a low pathogenic avian influenza strain to become highly pathogenic?
2 r: w. v4 E% Y* a" T9 g% [0 V问:低致病性禽流感病毒会不会转变为高致病性禽流感病毒?/ \, {$ T; r) U
A. Some low pathogenic subtypes have the capacity to mutate into more virulent strains. While low pathogenic avian influenza is considered lower risk, low pathogenic strains of the virus – the H5 and H7 strains – can mutate into highly pathogenic forms. ( P2 q- j! B* A9 I6 A, y
答:有些低致病性禽流感病毒具备变异为致病性更强的病毒的能力。虽然一般情况下我们认为低致病性禽流感病毒的致病危险性较低,但其中的H5和H7型病毒可以变异为高致病性病毒株。! g7 q7 k' @5 E6 @6 g/ P
* Q. X- E8 P  |& W, J1 s9 C, D, r

5 v$ W3 @5 z, q& R' m1 r3 N, iHistory of Avian Influenza in the United States 4 b" P" Q/ f& r& r4 N' |2 w
美国的禽流感流行史
% G9 g. ]( S0 u. T
, d- J& Z" U# `% w2 O7 {Q. Does highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza currently exist in the United States? Has it ever occurred in this country? ! j: h6 {& g0 a+ m
问:美国是否存在高致病性H5N1型禽流感?它是否曾在这个国家流行过?
0 _, M/ R& d# e# MA. Incidents of low pathogenic avian influenza are commonly detected in domestic poultry flocks. Low pathogenic avian influenza does not pose a serious threat to human health.
" Y+ k6 P  @/ m答:低致病性禽流感病毒常可在家养成群的禽类中检测出来。但它并不会对人类健康构成严重威胁。- H' i8 ~" C; c* D/ p
There is no evidence that any highly pathogenic avian influenza currently exists in the United States. Historically, there have been three highly pathogenic avian influenza outbreaks in poultry in this country--in 1924, 1983 and 2004. No significant human illness resulted from these outbreaks. " ~5 U: @, @& |$ c
目前没有证据证明美国存在任一型高致病性禽流感病毒。历史上的1924年、1983年和2004年,美国的家禽曾经历过三次高致病性禽流感的暴发,但其中并无重大人禽流感病例的发生。0 e. [, \7 P6 M; x4 Y
The 1924 H7 HPAI outbreak was detected in and contained to East Coast live bird markets.
& ~4 X' P7 A( s" H2 x/ r1924年的H7型高致病性禽流感的暴发是在东海岸的生禽市场上检测出来的。9 I6 r% d! o# c5 k# z0 Y) a$ m+ Q
The 1983-84 H5N2 HPAI bird outbreaks resulted in the destruction of approximately 17 million chickens, turkeys, and guinea fowl in the northeastern United States to contain and eradicate the disease.
9 d" O  q& q. U) }  Q% Y0 ]为了控制和消除疾病,1983年至1984年H5N2型高致病性禽流感的暴发致使美国东北部销毁了将近一千七百万只鸡、火鸡和珍珠鸡。
5 _) R8 U1 L3 D1 gIn 2004, USDA confirmed an H5N2 HPAI outbreak in chickens in the southern United States. The disease was quickly eradicated thanks to close coordination and cooperation between USDA, state, local, and industry leaders. Because of the quick response, the disease was limited to one flock.
; B+ X" i" q7 z& _$ J2004年,美国农业部确认本国南部存在H5N2型高致病性禽流感的暴发。多亏美国农业部、各州、地区和企业领导人之间的密切协调与合作,禽流感很快就被消除了。由于这一快速反应,禽流感仅局限于一群家禽中。
回复

使用道具 举报

monydwh 发表于 2009-2-3 18:54:39 | 显示全部楼层
Avian Influenza and USDA;s Role in Protecting the United States 3 ], c- W! z- E/ m
在保护美国国民的过程中禽流感病毒和美国农业部各自所扮演的角色
) e3 I7 c  ]2 D& l
6 B$ Z+ x* H* \# D; E! c. qQ. What is USDA doing to prevent the introduction of HPAI into the United States? 5 R. q+ d0 R* K+ E
问:为了预防高致病性禽流感病毒传播到美国,美国农业部在干什么?
1 ^: ~0 l/ a$ r5 W# A( p1 xA: USDA recognizes that highly pathogenic avian influenza poses a significant threat to animal health and has the potential to threaten human health. Accordingly, USDA has safeguards in place to protect against the introduction of highly pathogenic avian influenza into the United States. USDA maintains trade restrictions on the importation of poultry and poultry products from countries and/or regions where there have been confirmed outbreaks of highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza in commercial or traditionally-raised poultry.
! z4 A& {3 A; c' W$ S答:美国农业部意识到高致病性禽流感病毒对于动物的健康有着极大的威胁,对于人类的健康也存在潜在的危险。因此,美国农业部在适当的位置上维护了美国,以防止高致病性禽流感病毒传播至美国。对于来源于已经被确认暴发了H5N1型高致病性禽流感国家的商用或贸易用家禽,美国农业部维持了进口家禽及其制品的贸易限制。
- {1 h5 E/ z. G' J9 f8 T! eSurveillance: USDA works with Federal and State partners and industry to monitor U.S. bird populations. Surveillance is conducted in four key areas: live bird markets, commercial flocks, backyard flocks, and migratory bird populations. Extensive testing occurs in live bird markets and commercial flocks. Additionally, birds that show signs of illness are tested.
$ }) X6 l. Y# }监督:美国农业部与联邦、州际合伙人和企业一起共同监督国内的禽类。监督是在以下四个关键区域实施:活禽市场、市售禽群、圈养家禽和候鸟类。对于前两个区域要进行广泛的检测。另外,还要检测显示出患病症状的禽类。$ i: d# Y5 Y" R+ W8 j' s5 q
Through a backyard flock biosecurity program, USDA encourages backyard and small poultry producers to strengthen biosecurity practices in order to prevent the introduction of AI into their flocks. Biosecurity refers to practical management practices that help to prevent diseases.
4 D) W- X. _; t- u通过圈养禽群生物安全规划系统,美国农业部鼓励场院家禽和小规模家禽的饲养者能加强生物安全措施以避免禽流感病毒在所养禽群之间传播。生物安全是一种实用的管理行为,它有利于预防禽流感。
( R$ L! G" X) F" P. Z, a+ \' J$ }! _USDA recognizes that prevention is only one part of a comprehensive strategy and therefore continues to work closely with its Federal, State, and Tribal partners and industry stakeholders to have effective and coordinated emergency response plans at the ready should an outbreak of highly pathogenic avian influenza occur in the United States.
, A/ {  l  g/ a( A, O. C; k  P美国农业部认为:预防仅仅是一套综合策略的一部分,因此还要继续与联邦政府、州政府、部落合作伙伴及企业股票持有者密切合作,以拥有有效、协调的突发事件反应计划,为高致病性禽流感在美国的暴发做好准备。1 N" m+ e: j3 x; E8 Z
1 A2 @  X; z" a" c
Q. Is USDA doing any work globally?
8 I% b' {" b6 g6 C# H问:美国农业部是否采取了那些全球性措施?  {0 o0 L+ E9 }  S& `
A. USDA works closely with international organizations like the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE), the United Nations&#39; Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), and World Health Organization (WHO) to assist highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza-affected countries and other neighboring Asian-Pacific countries with disease prevention, management, and eradication activities. By helping these countries prepare for, manage, or eradicate highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza outbreaks, USDA can help stop the spread of this virus at its source - overseas.
; k% p3 u; |! B. f! e" i  l" U答:美国农业部与像世界动物卫生组织、联合国、粮农组织、世界卫生组织这样的国际组织密切合作,在禽流感的预防、管理和消灭方面,帮助那些受H5N1型高致病性禽流感影响的国家和其他邻近的亚太国家。通过帮助这些国家为H5N1型高致病性禽流感的暴发做好准备、管理和消灭工作,美国农业部可以在海外的疫源地为阻止病毒的传播尽一份力。
/ [  ?+ T% W: _/ s1 z5 i1 I1 Q5 ~) iSome efforts include:
1 T5 }! d) w5 r美国农业部所采取的措施包括:! z# v4 A. Z4 g1 I7 \
Training sessions for veterinarians and poultry disease experts from H5N1-affected and at-risk countries to teach testing protocols.! q! {& l  q$ C
为来自于H5N1型高致病性禽流感感染和处于受感染危险的国家的兽医和家禽疾病专家开办培训班,以教会他们检测的方法。  u" J2 D8 u. i+ Y/ e0 Q% O  Q/ l
Professional expertise and funding to help launch the FAO-OIE Crisis Management Center in Rome, to respond rapidly and effectively to avian influenza outbreaks in poultry worldwide.
: _- n7 {. A; R+ ^- x5 m专业技术和专项基金用于帮助启动位于罗马的危急状况应对中心(隶属世界粮农组织和动物卫生组织),以快速有效的回应全世界家禽禽流感的暴发。
! m% r1 R/ f: C; i3 H% F- ]& wAssistance to highly pathogenic H5N1-affected countries, including laboratory equipment, reagents, and sample shipping containers to bolster AI testing and diagnostic programs. 6 A9 d9 E  {+ T7 V; L
对受H5N1型高致病性禽流感影响的国家的援助项目包括实验室设备、试剂、装样容器,为禽流感病毒的检测和诊断提供支持帮助。" q) |/ e# R! ?6 B6 s
In collaboration with FAO and OIE, USDA has deployed expert scientists, veterinarians, and animal health emergency managers to highly pathogenic H5N1-affected countries to test and diagnose avian influenza; advise on surveillance and vaccination programs to protect poultry; and advise on emergency contingency plans.
: e$ j; H6 X! C在与世界粮农组织和动物卫生组织合作中,美国农业部为受H5N1型高致病性禽流感影响的国家配备了专业的科学家、兽医和动物卫生突发应急事件管理者,以检测、诊断禽流感;为保护家禽,美国农业部在监测、免疫规划和意外突发应急事件的规划方面也给这些国家提出了建议;
+ y+ v! B! l* d1 [, K4 `: p# D' x/ `3 y2 S  b" K) c
Q. If there was an outbreak of avian influenza in the United States, what would USDA do?
  l; U+ @% H/ A( Y8 r- L, J: n问:如果美国境内暴发禽流感,美国农业部会采取什么措施?
" T1 v* H. w: }1 mA. USDA works closely with its Federal, State, and tribal partners, as well as industry stakeholders, to coordinate emergency response to animal disease outbreaks, including AI.
2 P2 z! N5 c9 D: k' [$ L2 I  b答:美国农业部与联邦政府、州政府、部落合作伙伴以及企业股票持有者密切合作,以调整对动物疾病突发应急事件的反应,其中包括禽流感。
7 x3 w: `9 Z7 `" h! ZUSDA provides expertise, funding, and support personnel to States when low pathogenic avian influenza is detected. Close attention is paid to low pathogenic avian influenza H5 and H7 strains, because of their potential to mutate into highly pathogenic avian influenza. When highly pathogenic avian influenza is detected, USDA and State personnel are primary responders because of the rapid spread and high death rate among poultry.
! B( p% F& U( M1 h, W/ ]当检测出低致病性禽流感时,美国农业部将为各州提供专业技术、基金和人员方面的支持。由于H5和H7型低致病性禽流感病毒具有变异为高致病性禽流感病毒的潜在可能性,美国农业部将会密切注意这两型病毒。由于高致病性禽流感病毒在家禽间的快速传播性和高死亡率,一旦检测出高致病性禽流感病毒,美国农业部和各州的工作人员就是首要的信息回馈者。2 H. N% W' [( M! W9 k+ |3 i& e
In the event of a highly pathogenic avian influenza outbreak in the United States, USDA would work with States and industry to respond quickly and decisively following these five basic steps:
8 r& E8 V6 ^5 H- [' N如果美国境内发生高致病性禽流感的暴发,为了快速果断地作出回应,美国农业部将和各州、各企业合作,采取以下五项基本措施:
7 x' @. B/ ~, O7 ]Quarantine – restrict movement of poultry and poultry-moving equipment into and out of the control area; 7 c1 L( Z5 v: b# o$ Y1 e# I$ b% r
Eradicate – humanely euthanize;
2 Q) c/ f+ ]& y0 D( bMonitor region – broad area of testing;
' J2 s! V: j2 |; ]3 G5 F  RDisinfect – kills virus; and
5 E& ]* L9 j: _3 w. yTest – confirm that the poultry farm is AI virus-free.
" M% k* u) e1 S1.        隔离—限制家禽和家禽转移设备进入或进出隔离区。3 E+ P  u7 l# ?, K' t
2.        消灭—人性化无痛苦地处死感染家禽。
. n9 a  z: [; w) S! T- J3.        监控区—实施广泛的检测。
+ N4 z- ?% m) i; H4.        消毒—杀灭病毒。
8 m2 A9 V; V' E! ?3 b/ n. O5.        检验—确认未受禽流感病毒影响的家禽饲养区。
* _0 g9 z5 D0 ZUSDA also maintains a bank of AI vaccine that could be used to protect healthy birds outside a control area, if necessary. 4 K- T! M* `8 N9 x
美国农业部还保有一定储量的禽流感病毒疫苗,在需要时,可被用于保护健康的家禽离开隔离区。2 l0 L/ O2 d6 [1 l# C% Q! S
USDA and State veterinarians are specially trained to diagnose foreign animal diseases, such as avian influenza and regularly conduct field investigations of suspicious disease conditions. This monitoring is assisted by university personnel, State animal health officials, USDA–accredited veterinarians, and members of the industry who report suspicious cases. USDA and State animal health officials work cooperatively with the poultry industry to conduct surveillance at breeding flocks, slaughter plants, live–bird markets, livestock auctions, and poultry dealers. ) ?! E" m4 w. e
美国农业部和各州的兽医将会得到专门的培训,以诊断外来动物疾病如禽流感、操作可疑病症的现场试验。 这种监控将在大学教授、州动物卫生部门官员、美国农业部认可的兽医和报告可疑病例的企业成员的帮助下进行。美国农业部及州动物健康部门的官员会和家禽企业协力合作,在家禽饲养场、屠宰厂、活禽市场、牲畜拍卖会、家禽经销商中实施全程检测。
回复

使用道具 举报

monydwh 发表于 2009-2-3 18:55:06 | 显示全部楼层
Avian Influenza Testing and Diagnostics
' J8 `/ S! P: f5 f5 H禽流感的检测和诊断
$ r5 R/ n  a$ w2 b! R3 @4 _  f5 @# K. }& k: V7 m  C7 Z$ r. }
Q. What kind of test is used to diagnose avian influenza in birds? 9 L2 @3 J' h2 U( z8 v( F6 E
问:诊断家禽禽流感需要做哪些检测?) m2 m  m- F1 D4 ?2 }
A: Samples are usually taken by swabbing the mucus that coats the throat of live birds, which does not harm the birds. With wild birds, a fecal sample can be taken instead. These samples go into sealed tubes and are taken to USDA-approved laboratories. The initial test is a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test. A PCR test is a rapid method of identifying the virus, typically producing results within 3 hours. If a sample from an area where avian influenza has not been previously detected tests positive on a rapid test, a virus isolation confirmatory test is performed. This test involves growing the sample in embryonated chicken eggs, which then provides the material to allow detailed identification of the strain of virus and whether it is highly pathogenic or low pathogenic. The virus isolation test can take 7-10 days to produce results. All H5 and H7 isolations are confirmed at the National Veterinary Services Laboratory at Ames, Iowa. % @4 k- [5 z2 I# u; J* ^, L. b! M1 w
常通过刮拭附着于活禽咽喉部外表的粘液采样,这种采样方法不会伤及动物。对于野生的鸟类,可以用其排泄物取而代之作样本。这些样本将被装在密封的试管内带到美国农业部认可的实验室。首先要做的是PCR试验。这是一种快速确认病毒的试验,其特点是三个小时内就能看到结果。如果样品来自于先前未检测出禽流感病毒的地区,而快速试验的结果为阳性,则需要进行病毒分离确认试验。该试验涉及将样本接种到含胚的鸡蛋中,进而提供可供详细确认病毒株及其致病性高低的物质。病毒分离确认试验将在7—10天内出结果。所有H5和H7型病毒株均可在位于爱荷华州Ames的国家兽医服务实验室得到确认。( T0 Q1 o, h3 C- \% \5 k
4 O3 q* B' Z+ h3 H
0 q# L/ S; w4 v- r9 h
Protecting Birds from Avian Influenza
8 O$ m% n/ i% d/ g保护鸟类远离禽流感9 |- ^/ e& }. w* h* k3 R, e
Q. I have a back yard flock. How can I protect them from avian influenza? * m" K9 A/ ]' K
问:我家养有一群家禽。我怎么才能保护它们远离禽流感?7 D5 k7 O  J$ R7 z; d
A. USDA recommends that owners of backyard flocks follow these six tips to prevent poultry disease: # e; W& T* K% [) ?: ~  Q
答:为了预防家禽生病,美国农业部建议饲养家禽的户主采取以下六项措施:
9 p: C0 e7 y3 K1 N/ ykeep your distance (restrict access to your property and your birds);
! C: P: t* v8 j# g! g4 u5 T5 o1 Hkeep it clean (clean and disinfect your clothes, shoes, equipment, and hands);
, q2 w2 i& |2 d' c' |6 {, }. udon&#39;t haul disease home (if you have been near other birds or bird owners, clean and disinfect poultry cages and equipment before going home); , i: \2 S% l7 l* t& v) r
don&#39;t risk disease from your neighbor (do not borrow lawn and garden equipment, tools, or poultry supplies from other bird owners); 2 P6 \1 @9 @. Q" t
know the warning signs (sudden increase in bird deaths, sneezing, coughing, nasal discharge, watery or green diarrhea, lack of energy, poor appetite, drop in egg production, swelling around the eyes, neck, and head, and purple discoloration of wattles, combs, and legs); and
" j7 S1 j- P( C5 U6 O, u+ V! \% v6 freport sick birds (call your local or State veterinarian, or USDA toll-free at 1-866-536-7593). 7 O, t5 A% d% I- _9 E+ G9 G
1.保持距离—限制进出你的饲养地和居住地。/ {* [( @4 n# E' W" H$ g% U# _" Z
2.保持干净—对你的衣物、鞋子、设备和手进行清洗消毒。# P. D( y* j. _. ^
3.不要将疾病带回家—如果你曾接近其他禽类或饲养者的话;回家之前要清洁消毒鸡笼和相关设备。# K  S: g" G, {) y
4.谨防邻居带给你的患病危险—不要向其他家禽饲养者借用草坪或花园的设备和工具。
3 w; y- [8 `: \5.知晓值得引起警惕的迹象—家禽死亡数突然增加、打喷嚏、咳嗽、流鼻涕、眼部颈部头部周围水肿、颌下冠部和腿部皮肤变紫。& g( `" d& h& y2 A6 O
6.上报病禽—给你所在地或本州的兽医打电话,或拨打美国农业部的免费电话:1-866-536-7593
& _3 s+ V  r% I# x9 i6 O% J$ B; P& [, ?5 ]0 w$ h  s
Q. What can poultry producers do to prevent an AI outbreak on their farms? $ x* |9 q1 K6 P% t
问:要预防养殖场禽流感的暴发,饲养者能做什么?! U0 i+ ^2 p( \0 t
A. Poultry producers should strengthen biosecurity practices to prevent the introduction of AI into their flocks. The following are some sound biosecurity practices:
4 a+ h7 S" y5 c- d5 y答:家禽饲养者应该加强实施生物安全措施以预防禽流感传播到他们的家禽中。一下是一些较完善的生物安全措施:! F' u; s2 ~  R9 B5 J2 `
Keep an "all–in, all–out" philosophy of flock management. Avoid skimming flocks—birds left behind are exposed to work crews and equipment that could carry poultry disease viruses. Process each lot of birds separately, and clean and disinfect poultry houses between flocks.- N0 J0 E6 Z0 V  ~3 K1 I" V
在管理时采取“全要或全不要”的原则。不要只顾感染的家禽,因为其余的家禽正暴露于可能携带禽流感病毒的工作人员和设备之中。 分开加工每一批家禽,清洁消毒禽舍。
1 Q/ c2 M5 O5 kProtect poultry flocks from coming into contact with wild or migratory birds. Keep poultry away from any source of water that could have been contaminated by wild birds.
: f! K! c$ s  C$ H& F不要成群的家禽接触野生鸟类或候鸟。不要让家禽接触任何可能已被野生鸟类污染的水源。
6 a/ T. ~3 R6 m3 ]: K0 u' iPermit only essential workers and vehicles to enter the farm.
* c( n/ a6 G0 x6 K( r+ b/ QProvide clean clothing and disinfection facilities for employees.
2 z/ n$ D. y1 vThoroughly clean and disinfect equipment and vehicles (including tires and undercarriage) entering and leaving the farm.
$ Z; B2 @2 B0 t4 O/ xDo not loan to, or borrow equipment or vehicles from, other farms. , ?1 c6 |: \: p! F
Change footwear and clothing before working with your own flock after visiting another farm or live–bird market or avoid visiting another bird farm if possible.
/ S% T. H8 d  G3 O1 nDo not bring birds from slaughter channels, especially those from live–bird markets, back to the farm.
; u% H) Z; l! P$ p) l5 ZIf avian influenza is detected, farms must be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. Avian influenza viruses are inactivated by heat and drying and also these viruses are very sensitive to most disinfectants and detergents. The area to be disinfected must be clear of organic material, which greatly increases the resistance of avian influenza virus&#39; resistance to disinfection.
1 j) E+ ^4 b3 o! u只允许必要的工作人员和车辆进入农场。( u2 C  h3 h9 l( C/ A0 `
给雇员提供干净的衣物和消毒设施。
, \, s$ B8 x( y9 M对于进出农场的设备和车辆要进行彻底的清洁和消毒,轮胎和车盘也不例外。6 p+ t4 K* q8 m) I$ P( c: K% G
不要从其他农场借入或借出设备或车辆。' a* p& @' ^8 I2 S3 M
去过另一家饲养场或活禽市场以后,在进入自己的饲养场之前,要换掉原来的鞋子和衣物。如果可能的话,尽量避免访问其他饲养场。  J+ Z4 Z* h# A! H
不要将屠宰环节的家禽、尤其是活禽市场的家禽带回到饲养场。
0 V. Y, J, R  g7 g* ]7 }如果检出了禽流感病毒,饲养场就必须进行彻底的清洁和消毒。& ]) I/ ]2 \% v9 j! i4 U5 G. D
禽流感病毒在高温和干燥环境中会失活,它对大多数消毒剂和清洁剂也很敏感。
- J2 G* M/ l( E( T" c7 {  T对要进行消毒的场所,必须清除有机物,因为有机物会极大地增加病毒的抵抗力。5 o8 c5 x1 ^: u' w7 [6 j& N5 `
+ ?: F" l4 k1 e# \' C5 x. U0 t% k
Q. What should producers do if their birds appear to have signs of avian influenza? 2 j4 I, Z2 m/ g: V) `( @
问:如果家禽已经显示禽流感的迹象,饲养者应该采取哪些措施?
2 ^1 G( \2 S  h: FA. If birds exhibit clinical signs of highly pathogenic avian influenza or might have been exposed to birds with the disease, producers or bird owners should immediately notify Federal or State animal health officials. Information can be found at www.usda.gov/birdflu. ! r$ @$ `) ^( C" ^% L# c9 m# s
答:如果家禽呈现出高致病性禽流感的临床症状或可能曾暴露于患病的家禽中,饲养者应该立即通知联邦或州动物卫生部门官员。相关信息可在以下网址上查阅:www.usda.gov/birdflu
) k( v5 T! Z6 l* x
# w3 Q& n1 A0 }8 f, W0 o! Y
6 s9 @5 p( x; X3 |Food Safety and Avian Influenza - ^7 S& e' u$ o) I; S! g1 D, s7 z
食品安全与禽流感
; Q5 l  ~8 v0 M+ A6 z5 {3 g* ]
! P$ B. y0 j: b; Q) H9 \Q. Does proper food handling prevent avian influenza? - ]+ M1 i  p; {, z7 N, L+ T
问:合理加工食物可否预防禽流感?# ~5 k) u6 r) H! X
A. Avian influenza is not transmissible by eating properly prepared poultry. If highly pathogenic avian influenza were detected in the United States, the chance of infected poultry or eggs entering the food chain would be extremely low because of the rapid onset of symptoms in poultry as well as the safeguards in place, which include testing of flocks, and Federal inspection programs. * s% C8 m+ C# `: v- P4 g' ]; Z# z
答:禽流感不会通过食入经适当加工过的禽肉进行传播。如果在美国检测出高致病性禽流感,那么感染家禽或禽蛋进入食物链的几率极低,因为家禽的感染症状出现的很快,同时还有有效的安全措施,其中包括家禽的检测以及联邦政府的监测项目。
) S- g0 c% Q8 M" aUSDA works to educate the public about safe food handling practices in response to numerous questions from the public about the human risk associated with avian influenza.
( f; B; k7 r' f' W( @: d+ F4 L为了回答民众关于人患禽流感的危险性的众多问题,美国农业部将致力于教育民众安全加工食物的方法。
" ?7 U: D) P' F
8 u! f# c& R) e0 u( a6 {. eQ. What does proper food handling mean?
" J6 ?4 c& k+ }. z$ ?. Y问:“合理加工食物”是什么意思?( f: t/ u" e& j: O" c. N" d, G
A. Proper handling and cooking of poultry provides protection against all avian influenza viruses, as it does against many viruses and bacteria, including Salmonella and E.coli. Safe food handling and preparation is important at all times. USDA continually reminds consumers to practice safe food handling and preparation every day:
: w. K; Z8 y0 Y6 w合理的加工、烹饪禽类食品可以保护人类免受任何一种禽流感病毒的侵害,就像它对许多其他病毒和细菌(包括沙门氏菌和大肠杆菌)同样有效一样。在任何时候安全的加工、准备食物都是很重要的。美国农业部不停的提醒消费者:每天都采取安全加工食物的方法。
. p2 n9 Q# N6 ]5 G. KCooking poultry, eggs, and other poultry products to the proper temperature and preventing cross-contamination between raw and cooked food is the key to safety. You should: # @2 p3 p' a$ h% Q6 I% Q% h
在烹饪禽肉、禽蛋和其他家禽产品时要达到合适的温度,防止生熟食的交叉污染是食品安全的关键。你应该:
( ^3 g. \4 r0 h1 @Wash hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds before and after handling raw poultry and eggs;
" Z, \: S* x. P  E  P: D, C在加工禽肉和禽蛋的前后,都要用温水和肥皂洗手至少20秒钟。
+ ^* C7 X+ C4 _- }; o* [, H/ aPrevent cross-contamination by keeping raw poultry and eggs away from other foods;: G' x' t+ c; M5 @
将生禽肉和蛋类与其它食品分开保存,以避免交叉污染。 " \' W$ X( L% V4 m, B: p
After cutting raw meat, wash cutting board, knife, and countertops with hot, soapy water; # U, L% M$ ~8 K
切完生肉后,要用热肥皂水清洗切肉板、刀子和厨房的工作台。$ p% r4 w+ V2 F
Sanitize cutting boards by using a solution of 1 tablespoon chlorine bleach in 1 gallon of water; 6 h& g1 s+ {6 S, q. i# f4 l2 N; D
用1大汤匙的漂白粉在1加仑水中的水溶液清洗切肉板;
% m; w0 k+ I' [4 Band Use a food thermometer to ensure poultry has reached the safe internal temperature of at least 165 °F to kill foodborne germs that might be present, including the avian influenza viruses. 0 q1 ?5 F; k( ^* e9 J( \, v
用食物测温计测定食物的温度,确保家禽内部至少达到165华氏摄氏度的安全温度,以杀灭可能存在的食源性微生物,包括禽流感病毒。
回复

使用道具 举报

monydwh 发表于 2009-2-3 18:56:37 | 显示全部楼层
Avian Influenza and Human Health 9 ~) d3 F, U# P
禽流感和人类健康* M" T6 e* ?; [* D% Q; K' Q

: X5 Q  J4 b* Z5 T! a, qQ. How can people become infected with avian influenza? * X$ L' |' j& A, K
问:人会通过那些途径感染禽流感?) \- T! z2 x+ b& s$ v
A. Although the highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza virus does not usually infect people, more than 200 human cases have been reported since 2004. Most people who have become sick or died from highly pathogenic H5N1 have had extensive, direct contact with infected poultry. Broad concerns about public health relate to the potential for the virus to mutate, or change into a form that could easily spread from person to person, a characteristic that could result in a human influenza pandemic. There is no evidence that this is occurring. Strains of avian influenza that have been detected in U.S. poultry, including low pathogenic and highly pathogenic; have caused no known human illnesses. 6 g! J4 O6 W6 w- W1 h
答:尽管H5N1型高致病性禽流感病毒一般不感染人,但自2004年以来,已报告有200多例人禽流感病例。其中许多患者或死亡病例都曾与感染家禽有过广泛、直接的接触。对于公众健康人们广泛关注的是病毒变异的潜力,或变异为一种能轻易实现人与人之间传播的类型,这种特征将会引起人流感的大流行。目前还没有证据证明这种情况的发生。在美国家禽中检测出的禽流感病毒株,有低致病性的也有高致病性的,但未引起已知的人类病例。
) P2 C; J( \( P  g
  \$ x8 ?3 ~' o; m8 B
- u  t- K# N: _Avian Influenza and World Trade % E' o2 E0 f/ z# [. J* b
禽流感与世界贸易
% W' ~+ w5 I4 T" ^3 Z+ \! }1 b) M& I7 d+ j" K* K3 S+ S6 C! L
Q. Could live poultry, poultry or poultry products come from a country where there is highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza?
4 \4 l( Z9 x9 v* Y问:来自于存在H5N1型高致病性禽流感国家的活禽、家禽或相关产品会不会进入美国?8 S% n& n8 M) ~- ?
A. Poultry products imported into the U.S. must meet all safety standards that are applied to foods produced in the United States.
7 d+ ?9 j- a2 @4 N答:美国进口的家禽产品必须达到本国食品生产所采用的所有安全标准。1 ~  t' [; T8 v& _
No poultry or poultry products from countries and/or regions with confirmed cases of highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza can be imported into the United States. USDA regulations require that import permits accompany properly sanitized poultry products, such as raw feathers.
5 s' k( \) ~+ v' g3 c6 w来自于已确认H5N1型高致病性禽流感病例的国家或地区的家禽或相关产品将无法出口到美国。美国农业部的规章要求(进口禽类食品)要有进口许可证和完全清洁的家禽产品,如羽毛。
, f" Q  {5 P7 L% {7 }' L% s8 @6 f+ J9 B/ c" B
Q. Is avian influenza a reportable disease under international trade guidelines?
" A! q( I1 I! ~7 }7 s# |# E+ `问:在国际贸易指南中,禽流感是不是一种需要报告的疾病?0 h+ j! l7 K+ o7 Q8 K7 T* V% k
A. Highly pathogenic avian influenza is considered a reportable disease by the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE). OIE has developed animal health standards that classify all H5 and H7 viruses as reportable diseases.
1 Y! F7 u' y4 v% J* p  Q6 m+ P. C答:世界动物卫生组织认为高致病性禽流感是一种需要报告的疾病。该组织已经制定了动物卫生标准,它将所有的H5和H7型禽流感病毒均归类为需要上报的疾病。( t: ~; p+ W5 K9 P- `% G' p1 O1 ?
# ^* i% `+ Z: s5 W5 I
Q. Does USDA maintain import restrictions? . P" ]& ~! A  Z9 s+ W, v
问:美国农业部是否会维持进口限制?( g# T; _3 `! z( |& ^
A. USDA quarantines and tests live birds imported into the United States to ensure that they do not have any foreign animal diseases such as the highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza virus.
4 K( E4 U1 y5 b: G4 d- S/ o9 V3 ?答:美国农业部对进口至本国的活禽要进行检疫隔离和试验以确保它们没有任何外来疾病,如H5N1型高致病性禽流感。
6 Y% h  w: a( P* bAll imported live birds (except from Canada) must spend 30 days at a USDA quarantine facility where they are tested for the avian influenza virus before entering the country. Returning U.S.-origin pet birds (except from Canada) also are tested and quarantined at a USDA facility.
5 T$ D9 @/ A1 c* h- a" H6 |  w: K除了来自于加拿大的活禽外,所有进口的活禽在进入美国之前,都要在美国农业部的检疫隔离实验室停留30天,在那里这些动物要接受检测看是否携带有禽流感病毒。返回至美国的禽类宠物(来自于加拿大的除外),也要在那里接受检测。  ^# i0 M# X/ u- ~$ E
USDA maintains trade restrictions on the importation of poultry and poultry products originating from countries and/or regions where the highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza strain has been detected in commercial or traditionally raised poultry (not wild birds). USDA regulations require that import permits accompany properly sanitized poultry products, such as raw feathers. ; _7 m7 j$ [1 x- R" W  A+ \
对于商用或贸易用饲养的家禽(而非野生鸟类)已被检出H5N1型高致病性禽流感病毒的国家或地区,美国农业部会维持来自于这些地方的进口家禽及相关产品的贸易限制。
) l; Y9 G1 c& p3 `8 A+ CAdditionally, USDA has increased its monitoring for illegally smuggled poultry and poultry products through an anti-smuggling program in coordination with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security - Customs and Border Protection. : F3 }* h+ `, a  x% Q& H( c
另外,美国农业部将会和美国国境安全及边境保护局协作,通过一项反走私方案增强其对非法走私入境的家禽及相关产品的监控。# B# X8 J; E' D- ]
, P' t; q% [' q. \' E. r
Q. How do I get more information about avian influenza?
5 }# R! b* D4 g! K& `9 }* c问:如何才能获得更多关于禽流感的信息?' V+ l+ Q1 H- i5 h1 I$ S
USDA efforts to protect against and respond to bird flu: www.usda.gov/birdflu
% E" i$ B6 w0 s4 K. A7 c* r美国农业部请您参考www.usda.gov/birdflu/ E6 C" Y2 H3 ]( \) ^' B
Report Sick Farm Birds: If your farm birds are sick or dying, call USDA&#39;s Veterinary Services toll free at 1-866-536-7593, or your State Veterinarian or local extension agent. 3 V3 z0 D: N  P  V$ i
农场病禽报告制度:如果您的农场有病禽或垂死的家禽,请致电美国农业部兽医服务部的免费电话1-866-536-7593,或致电您所在州的兽医或当地的分级代理处。- k' H, F# |' X% U! N' P# V  F
Report Dead Wild Birds: Dead wild birds can be reported to State or Federal wildlife agencies. Information on how to make contact with Wildlife officials in your State is available at www.usda.gov/birdflu
6 s: b  c2 ]) v( B) T6 o. l报告野生死禽:如发现野生死禽,可报告给州或联邦野生动物管理处。至于如何联系野生动物管理部门,相关信息可在www.usda.gov/birdflu上找到。2 t/ P% f, G7 F. o% b5 J5 W, v
Safe Food Preparation: USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline - 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854), TTY: 1-800 256-7072 (available in English and Spanish). Online answers are provided at www.fsis.usda.gov by clicking on "Ask Karen." ' F% g7 O& W7 h4 C# f. p, v3 |
如何准备安全的食物:美国农业部肉禽热线:1-888-674-6854,电话1-800 256-7072可提供英语和西班牙语两种语言服务。点击“询问凯伦”,www.fsis.usda.gov可提供在线回答。
  h: ~/ [/ m0 f/ N9 I4 \0 I3 o- z- `6 jCurrent Listing of Countries/Areas Affected with HPAI H5N1: www.usda.gov/birdflu 9 s1 E! s. x" n. R1 u
现在受H5N1型高致病性禽流感影响的国家或地区的名单:请参阅www.usda.gov/birdflu
5 y6 v" {6 I  W% ~0 `U.S. Government efforts to protect human health: www.pandemicflu.gov
& m' ^  M1 V. ]% h. ?美国政府为保护人类健康所采取的措施,请参阅:www.pandemicflu.gov  K/ o9 o( i& }: _9 h4 u
Last Modified: 03/14/2007
. P$ q3 Y! \: ~) m9 Q9 k最后编辑时间:03/14/2007
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| epiman 发表于 2009-2-4 13:35:36 | 显示全部楼层
其中有个 “such as raw feathers ”,我不知道该如何翻译,需要修改,请教一下!
. k7 u7 j) K. t可能是“未加工的羽毛”或“羽绒原料”( ?! g7 l0 l, p6 o# @# S' a5 ^0 O
0 W2 O% m9 s+ A
因文章太长,我分四部分回复。(用附件上传,却不支持.doc的扩展名?), V/ n1 I$ m/ o' {  ^! \. o
你再上传一次附件,应该可以了
回复

使用道具 举报

monydwh 发表于 2009-2-4 14:24:14 | 显示全部楼层
????????????:dizzy:
回复

使用道具 举报

monydwh 发表于 2009-2-20 17:38:50 | 显示全部楼层
我改过了 ,不好意思耽误这么久,原来没看懂你的回复。:)

Questions and Answers.rar

22.56 KB, 阅读权限: 20, 下载次数: 0, 下载积分: 钢镚 -1 分, 参与 1 贴

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

手机版|会员|至尊|接种|公卫人 ( 沪ICP备06060850号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-24 04:55 , Processed in 0.078605 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip On, MemCached On.