[分享] Statistical Aspects Of The Design And Analysis Of Clinical Trials

[复制链接]
losttemple 发表于 2008-2-14 10:28:55 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

注册后推荐绑定QQ,之后方才可以使用下方的“用QQ帐号登录”。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
Preface 3 R( {2 A% L& O3 y: _: l5 T3 x
According to Sir David Cox, the randomised controlled clinical trial
  W& Q# d2 O3 V8 b; I! ]1 ]) \% [is perhaps the outstanding contribution of statistics to 20th century
# J! K9 b+ b  n0 l6 j& d! mmedical research. Nowadays about 8000 such trials are undertaken
- h  F' S# r! F& v0 e' Lannually in all areas of medicine from the treatment of acne to the ) _" E5 i9 \4 p! [# _* z5 q$ Z
prevention of cancer. Although the vast majority of these trials take
  s. a  j! h/ uplace away from the glare of public interest, some deal with issues
7 E! v; [; Z: Y1 O5 B. _8 ^8 ]that are controversial enough to make even the popular press; an
4 }, h: M8 h4 n5 pobvious example is the use of AZT for the treatment of AIDS.
$ M9 b3 B" P" R. X- |$ HThere are many excellent books available which give comprehen- - J2 [4 Z  a2 R* G1 v1 q  @, J
sive accounts of how clinical trials should be carried out and organ- " S* m5 [/ D' R) A4 O( I# y, c
ised. Our aim is somewhat different; we attempt to give relatively
. q$ j3 L2 }+ {& [concise descriptions of the more statistical aspects of the design and $ ?5 B1 ~2 i$ y$ O
analysis of clinical trials, particularly those methods developed over
& U+ q1 \/ B& j0 K' @' R* {5 [' Jthe last decade or so. Topics discussed in this text include randomi-
- Y3 a' p: n; \# v1 U- Y/ {8 hsation, interim analyses, sample size determination, the analysis of 7 n  @: K/ e4 u2 \
longitudinal data, Bayesian methods, survival analysis and meta- & w! V& N: D% }- [' H- R* G$ O  e
analysis. Many examples are included alongside some of the neces- ! L% e- ^$ C1 U
sary technical material, the more difficult parts of which are confined + l" n0 ], b' `! ~
to tables. An Appendix gives details of relevant software. We hope ; b9 c# T6 V: n1 Y3 z
that our book will be useful to medical statisticians and others faced
  U: B( P. d* o- Ywith the often difficult problems of designing and analysing clinical
- k0 ?3 j/ ]; Y, g8 n$ atrials.
  f9 x# \0 Y! X& m/ c4 J, KOur thanks are due to Dr Sophia Rabe-Hesketh and Dr Sabine $ W* q. z3 v8 s4 r3 V
Landau for reading the text and making many helpful suggestions, $ t- G3 @$ R8 E' Z% M9 O5 K# O
to Professor Elizabeth Kuipers for allowing us to use the economic ( H3 ]( B0 ]  i% T- _
data from her CBT trial in Chapter 4 and to Mrs Harriet Meteyard
) Y$ I6 ~9 u2 N% ifor help in compiling the references.

Statistical Aspects Of The Design And Analysis Of Clinical Trials.part1.rar

1 MB, 下载次数: 23, 下载积分: 钢镚 -1 分, 参与 1 贴

Statistical Aspects Of The Design And Analysis Of Clinical Trials.part2.rar

880 KB, 下载次数: 21, 下载积分: 钢镚 -1 分, 参与 1 贴

本帖被以下淘专辑推荐:

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

手机版|会员|至尊|接种|公卫人 ( 沪ICP备06060850号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 15:22 , Processed in 0.057638 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip On, MemCached On.