[晋升政策] 2011年职称英语完型填空新增文章之综合类B

[复制链接]
alian 发表于 2011-3-26 13:41:06 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

注册后推荐绑定QQ,之后方才可以使用下方的“用QQ帐号登录”。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
Sport or Spectacle?      
8 n3 l# ~# e  l  M
9 Q) n8 \! ^/ l+ w  Muhammad Ali is probably the most famous sports figure on earth: he is recognized on every continent and by all generations. The diagnosis of his illness _1__ Parkinson’s disease after his retirement fuelled the debate about the dangers of boxing and criticism _2__ the sport. That, plus his outspoken opposition _3__ women’s boxing, made people wonder how he would react when one of his daughters decided to take _4__ the sport. His presence at Laila’s first professional fight, _5__, seemed to broadcast her father’s support. Of course Muhammad Ali wanted to watch is daughter fight. The ring announcer introduced him as the “the greatest” and as he sat down at the ringside the crowd chanted。0 P; t2 e& n0 R' O; @5 W( A' A7 I

: t5 U  ^8 |9 j- E  Twenty-one-year-old Laila’s debut fight was a huge success and there was as much publicity for fight _6__ her father’s fights once attracted. _7__, Laila’s opponent was much weaker than she was and the fight lasted just 31 seconds. Since then, Laila has won most of her fights by knocking out her opponent. “She know s _8__ she’s doing, all right,” said one referee about her. “She knows about moving well. You can see some of her dad’s moves。”
1 @2 Y1 D! c$ b0 c" K; k! ^  g8 W# `9 s$ t( H
  Laila Ali would rather not compare herself _9__ her father. She prefers to make her own _10__. Her father supports her decision to enter the sport but he has not spared her the details of what can happen. Laila realizes that her father wants her to understand the _11__ possible scenario to see _12__ she still wants to go forward with it. She knows she’s going to get hit hard at times, that she may get a broken nose or a swollen face, but at least she is prepared for it。+ w! T7 A0 A+ F& s% @5 v
$ z" y4 R9 ~& Y# h9 s* S- Z
  Laila’s decision to start boxing _13__ her father’s struggle with the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease has of course sparked a mixture of debate and _14__. But Laila is a feisty and determined individual and it is that as much as her famous last name that has made her a magnet for worldwide media attention. Of course, the _15__ on the boxing scene of a woman with her family history attracts even more questions about whether women’s boxing is sport or spectacle。
5 h5 w3 h% q$ w5 O% ]" e  ^1 _5 q! j4 |2 F
  1. A with                                   B for                            C as                             D by
% P- A1 k4 k! J. _! H: b; F2 M5 o7 J& \, M  _
  2. A of                                B on                           C for                            D at
: d3 b* {& x5 G  l
3 J  }! h* I, a1 o  V  3. A on                               B to                             C with                         D at
  X# |# f; P# Q/ @5 T+ \2 R9 d' L& c2 Q
  4. A after                                  B over                         C along                        D up
" {$ L7 ?& `1 F* z2 d0 f# C" e( M2 ]+ d/ `7 R' r
  5. A therefore                           B however                   C accordingly                     D whereas  H" d/ S# D0 v/ y+ a( l6 U

" n6 ~* f/ z% o9 Z  6. A as                                B like                          C for                            D to
- I: V+ J0 f3 Z% x' h; |: ?% W$ A3 t% f8 i0 ~
  7. A Luckily                        B Similarly                   C Undoubtedly            D Unfortunately
& G" E, {& {1 Z* v# |, E& p+ r. |8 T: c  ]
  8. A that                                   B what                        C how                          D why
' A( p5 P8 \) ^- Z. Y- h% F$ p- f* l* K: x% ~# a: Q4 ]6 @
  9. A as                                B like                          C to                             D against
$ M/ ?3 ]) D; w7 K8 D  b) d  P
7 v+ E$ @1 l9 ?  10. A fight                          B name                       C success                           D image% X, [/ V1 Z  _3 c; ~: [

/ e# o% @2 Y% L4 X' h  11. A better                       B best                         C worse                       D worst
7 i/ w; _" B. J% w0 u2 U; B9 ?; a8 f. m* n$ i5 y# E5 ^) H0 @
  12. A if                               B that                         C what                        D how7 i3 T) v) f  n. e0 ?

! }2 E0 P) g( H; q" J  13. A in spite                            B spite                        C despite                           D despite of
+ b, x3 [- S1 ?: a8 ^( q: u
1 t5 ^9 M, X0 j4 X1 t' W% ~$ A& n  14. A argument                  B criticism                  C quarrel                            D bickering! X) w; p6 h$ d
8 G* I4 j* m5 r, ^9 K% I
  15. A arrival                        B birth                        C departure                D attention
9 m3 Z3 `9 Q# P. R$ y" I; d
0 _4 A8 p2 F' @9 {, S4 f9 u  译文:竞技还是表演?   
1 \0 X+ z. y% m- e' y6 V/ \8 B  e9 q" j
  Muhammad Ali 极有可能是世界上最负盛名的体坛人物:全世界不分老少都熟知拳王Ali。退役后,Ali被诊断患有帕金森综合症,这激起了社会上对拳击运动危险性的争论和诟病。另外,由于Ali曾坦白反对女性拳击运动,所以当他的一个女儿 — Laila决定跨入拳坛时,人们十分好奇Ali对此会作何回应。然而,在Laila首场职业争霸赛上,Ali的露面似乎高调宣布了他对女儿的支持。父亲当然会想看自己女儿的比赛。介绍时,入场播报员称Ali为“最伟大的拳击手”,当他在台边坐下时全场欢呼。6 K; K6 O& R; m
! K6 \- L% b2 _4 C# r
  21岁的Laila 在她的首场比赛中取得了巨大成功,如她父亲当年一样,被受媒体关注。可惜对手实在太弱,仅31秒比赛就结束了。此后,在大多数比赛中,Laila都是一拳取胜。一个裁判在谈及Laila时说:“她完全知道她在做什么,她深谙步法,从她身上你能看到她父亲的影子。”
- g. a" X7 [. I: \9 J1 _
# [. A' Z% s4 u  比之总被拿来与自己父亲作比较,Laila更希望闯出自己。她的父亲支持她踏入拳坛的决定,可是没有细致告诉她可能发生的一切。Laila明白她父亲想让她自己品味最苦的后果,自己决定要不要在这条路上走下去。她也明白她将时不时受到重击,甚至可能断了鼻子肿了脸,但是至少,她做好了准备。  尽管父亲深受帕金森综合症的困扰,Laila仍决定走上拳坛道路,这一举动引起的争论和诟病不断。但Laila生性好强、意志坚决,这样的性格连同她那响当当的姓氏,使她颇受世界媒体的关注。当然,在她承载着Ali家族的历史出现在女性拳击赛台上的时候,更多的人对此表示疑问:这究竟是一场竞技比赛,还是一场做秀表演?
: ]  E) _6 |# D; V
' l5 j- x$ _, @6 j1 C! E$ V
verna 发表于 2011-12-19 14:12:14 | 显示全部楼层
感谢楼主的奉献!
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

手机版|会员|至尊|接种|公卫人 ( 沪ICP备06060850号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 11:23 , Processed in 0.085429 second(s), 4 queries , Gzip On, MemCached On.