研究显示美国医院数据偷盗和遗失花费60亿美元的代价

[复制链接]
iavjssssmqee 发表于 2010-11-10 22:14:05 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

注册后推荐绑定QQ,之后方才可以使用下方的“用QQ帐号登录”。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
研究显示美国医院数据偷盗和遗失花费60亿美元的代价% I' E7 z3 w/ h, P7 T7 E, v/ W

* k7 \9 A8 g; ^3 U健康博客+ Z3 p% {9 Y/ e" I' j+ y% ~, \

3 z( |% ?/ v# Z# `( m- w' H5 TData breaches in the health-care world aren’t rare, as readers of this blog know.' m- z1 B7 H3 T0 l  v' U
/ k5 H+ _* l% ]) W
A new report based on interviews with 65 health-care organizations has some stats on those breaches. The biggie: $6 billion. That’s the annual economic burden that stems from data breaches at U.S. hospitals, according to the Ponemon Institute, a privacy and information-management research firm.
6 G$ l/ A' v. p$ _8 w# Y+ L) O. `
The study was sponsored by ID Experts, which sells services to protect against and respond to data breaches.
3 d& a) G4 C5 [! f8 Q6 C1 o! G! P7 j# s( w$ `3 o1 [
Some other findings:
) `) u6 L" H/ R5 j; k& C* W: P/ v; P, a& R2 I
A full 60% of the organizations included in the study had more than two data breaches over the previous two years, at a cost of $2 million per organization.
' m( o1 A& X1 P% E( j' a/ m  oThe average breach involved 1,769 lost or stolen records.
- l6 ~+ n4 t' R5 @1 B6 K' ?3 K6 B0 t" X& H
Senior personnel at the organizations surveyed felt unprepared to prevent or quickly detect breaches. Some 58% of the organizations “have little or no confidence” in the ability of their organization to detect all patient data loss or theft.
4 \/ L  L" i0 P7 c
: F! p/ o6 ]* T: _$ ePatients were the first to detect data breaches, report 41% of the organizations.
  h) i3 X- h! k7 d9 B6 N$ o' iMost of the respondents have either put in place an electronic medical records system or are in the process of doing so. And 74% of those with an EHR system say it has made data more secure. Another 12% said the system made no difference in security, 10% say it made data less secure and 4% were unsure.
" P' P" @+ K& l, f& g1 c. a0 K7 Z( Q5 }. k% ^# w

+ M1 \/ E/ b% L7 R. L* k# n
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

手机版|会员|至尊|接种|公卫人 ( 沪ICP备06060850号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 00:41 , Processed in 0.048317 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip On, MemCached On.