只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1569|回复: 1

节食使你体重增加,我们怎么办?

[复制链接]
forrestlin 发表于 2009-1-4 00:16:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

注册后推荐绑定QQ,之后方才可以使用下方的“用QQ帐号登录”。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
Dieting now makes you gain weight. How'd we get here?
) P4 s6 l2 A& W"People are desperate. They're tired of self-denial and feeling bad about themselves. They are fed up with the diet industry and the pain of watching their weight all the time."  x8 _& y! x- `1 `
If it's January, then it must be time to diet, right? You've spent the past month at the buffet trough. Now every time you turn on the TV news you're seeing that same person with a three-story midsection jiggling past, head discreetly out of the picture, an illustration of that same statistic: 63 percent of us reside in the fatosphere.) w* v8 O4 E; C# T7 }
But maybe we're getting the wrong message here. Perhaps 2009 should be the Year of the Un-Diet. What if we finally settled what one researcher calls "the war with our bodies"?
% M6 \: Y9 o. z"Dieting is the worst thing people can do if they're interested in weight control," said Linda Bacon, a nutrition professor and clinical psychotherapist in the East Bay whose book, "Health at Every Size," was published in November (BenBella Books). "Dieting seems the fastest way to gain weight."+ a) G5 R; @- v2 y
Research has shown that dieting accomplishes the opposite of what you want, she said. It trains your body to conserve energy. If you starve yourself, your metabolism slows down and decreases the level of leptin, a hormone produced in the fat cells that is key to appetite control. With less leptin, you're hungrier. "It goads you to eat more," Bacon said.
% D7 _$ ~+ G4 TBodies have a "set weight" where they hover when people eat in response to normal hunger cues, she said. Eat more at one meal and your body will crave less at another. Dieting disrupts this.) R) }; Q$ D1 `- Z
Bacon's book and research have been embraced by the fat acceptance movement and those who work - as she does - with people who have eating disorders. But it's also reaching beyond. "It's an easy message for people to get behind," she said. "It transcends what your weight is, transcends the size spectrum. People are desperate. They're tired of self-denial and feeling bad about themselves. They are fed up with the diet industry and the pain of watching their weight all the time."
% u) b0 ?& f$ J; m9 f; j$ mThe subject is deeply personal to Bacon, who struggled with weight and self-image growing up. Like lots of young women, she thought she was too heavy. She lost weight only to gain it back.5 \4 j" Y/ ]/ o) q) R
"At one point it was too painful to me," she said. "I'm academically oriented, so the easiest way for me to tackle my problems was through studying."* m1 i' ]4 E  V/ D, {3 S, H
After earning a master's degree in psychology she still thought about dieting. "I wanted to understand why I weighed what I weighed," she said. "I wanted to be a better dieter."
+ s; t& B; Z0 p, DIt was further study, a doctorate in physiology from UC Davis, that changed her perspective. She realized, she said, that everything she'd learned earlier was "not science."
8 t2 x* L0 E, Z/ Z3 L# GShe now has "a culturally acceptable body," but that's irrelevant, she said. The message is "lighten up and trust yourself" when you eat. Eat what you enjoy ("eat what's delicious" and stop when it's "only good"), learn about hunger (people eat less when they're moderately hungry than when they're starved) and don't make certain food off-limits. Above all, she advises, don't diet. -- % t, f8 ^5 n9 ?
Katherine Seligman is a frequent contributor to the magazine on health and psychology.- U: Y% P& ]) `/ ~+ Z  L; I/ z
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/01/02/CM8514MD16.DTL&type=health
 楼主| forrestlin 发表于 2009-1-4 23:24:36 | 显示全部楼层
The fundamental reason about gaining weight from dieting:+ o, L) `' ]: [& `) Z. ]; o

2 c2 o: R9 Z4 h  S' AResearch has shown that dieting accomplishes the opposite of what you want, she said. It trains your body to conserve energy. If you starve yourself, your metabolism slows down and decreases the level of leptin, a hormone produced in the fat cells that is key to appetite control. With less leptin, you're hungrier. "It goads you to eat more," Bacon said.
& r& c! h& q0 [. L. s7 @* Y9 h3 P1 o, k, }/ u! w

' Y9 A1 }6 W: `( N3 inew words:
% c" g+ M- K; V2 L6 @( W0 |hover:犹豫不决
: [" G# c0 c! ~, o2 n! \! ]6 Bcrave:渴望
5 ~! j# T3 Z8 b1 H6 o$ Nleptin:瘦素
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

手机版|会员|至尊|接种|公卫人 ( 沪ICP备06060850号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 10:42 , Processed in 0.054461 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip On, MemCached On.