只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1664|回复: 1

研究:禁烟法案可能降低心脏病发作的住院治疗

[复制链接]
forrestlin 发表于 2009-1-2 21:10:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

注册后推荐绑定QQ,之后方才可以使用下方的“用QQ帐号登录”。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
Study: Smoke-free laws may cut heart attack hospitalizations9 d, c( c, V# a5 X( J( I
By Miriam Falco # C6 d( [: y) A7 L$ l! j
CNN ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- Implementing smoke-free policies can lead to fewer hospitalizations resulting from heart attacks, according to a new study published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
0 y' o& N% k1 t, j5 R
8 M! s- w! G; s0 M

登录/注册后可看大图
A new study says smoking ordinances can lead to fewer hospitalizations from heart attacks.
( j8 i) S4 D  ~/ \1 T, _- C
1 u$ S$ `# M- b" G) F* J

登录/注册后可看大图
Researchers studied the impact of smoke-free ordinances implemented in Pueblo, Colorado, in July 2003. They compared the number of hospitalizations for heart attacks 18 months before the policy went into effect and three years after implementation.
2 x4 f2 g) a8 A* P" e/ {' T" \: r2 DThe Pueblo Heart Study found that although 399 people were hospitalized for heart attacks before any smoke-free laws went into effect, that number dropped to 237 three years after the law's introduction, a 41 percent decline.8 Z  s( i  w. n3 t( {6 ~2 {% R, _0 b
The study was published in the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report on Wednesday. The accompanying editorial suggests that there may be several reasons the ordinance may have led to a reduction in the number of heart attack-related hospitalizations:: V2 C; i0 P% H8 v! E* e/ H
• The ordinance led to an immediate decrease in secondhand smoke exposure.. ]5 m' d) v( ]! r
• People who were forced to comply with smoke-free rules in public may have adopted a smoke-free environment at home and thus reduced the exposure to secondhand smoke even more.( j% G  ^5 G5 f. r; `  ?9 a
• Restrictions to where you can smoke may have led more people to quit smoking altogether.8 J% A8 r; Z6 m& V7 H, a
While the Colorado researcher didn't know if the study participants were smokers or non-smokers, the CDC's editorial points out that the new study adds to research from eight other studies, which also saw a drop in heart attack related hospitalizations after smoke-free laws are enforced.
$ g' k* F* K3 K9 jA 2006 Surgeon General report concluded that "exposure of adults to secondhand smoke has immediate adverse effects on the cardiovascular system and causes coronary heart disease and lung cancer."8 _; C0 Q. V" s% o) u6 h4 v
According to the National Cancer Institute and American Cancer Society, secondhand smoke is the combination of two types of smoke that is produced when burning tobacco: the smoke that comes from the burning end of a cigarette, cigar or pipe and the smoke that is exhaled by the smoker.
0 i: K1 q& l& z$ U& I# QThe Environmental Protection Agency has classified secondhand smoke as a known human cancer-causing agent.   Y$ y% b0 D& j  A9 x& w% w+ s) e- N
According to the cancer institute, there is no safe level of secondhand smoke, and it can have an immediate effect "on a person's heart and blood vessels." It may raise the risk of heart disease by 25 to 30 percent and cause about 46,000 heart disease deaths annually, according to the NCI Web site. $ R+ K5 \- E3 D
http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/01/01/smoke.free.laws/
 楼主| forrestlin 发表于 2009-1-2 21:24:16 | 显示全部楼层
This study maybe uses a case-control study,and concludes the reduction of smoking may induce a drop of heart attack related hospitalization.! j8 J) `/ g$ C- j
: o( ?2 ^, _* `6 D
new words:
7 l3 v3 o9 g# s( k: K5 j8 sordinance:法令
0 s- S% j% l* P& `  ]% @6 r) Bexhale:呼气,呼出
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

手机版|会员|至尊|接种|公卫人 ( 沪ICP备06060850号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 14:41 , Processed in 0.053173 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip On, MemCached On.