只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1657|回复: 0

Why bother studying English?

[复制链接]
river33617 发表于 2007-12-26 06:16:30 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

注册后推荐绑定QQ,之后方才可以使用下方的“用QQ帐号登录”。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
Why bother, if one can enjoy and perfect it at the same time?
; d8 f. S+ D: O# T7 B) r4 WNever study English to expect to perfect the language. Rather, you should enjoy it by keeping using it. It is a language, a tool for communication, after all. It is supposed to be used for people’s convenience. As for me, after passing the CET- 4, I waste no time trying to remember every world in a dictionary, which is notoriously ineffective. (sadly, how many Chinese students are doing this every day?)  Instead I use the tool every day, when I was an undergraduate medicine student, I read books like Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, I watched movies like Legends of the Fall starring Brad Pitt (I liked it a lot). Though I can’t recount a damn thing about the books, but it sure paid out, when preparing for the postgraduate examination, which took me 4 month, I spent about, maybe, 100 hours on English, and I got 83 points in the examination, that was the year 2004, when even a score above 70 was rare. During my postgraduate study, I got actually the top score on almost every English examination. % t' z" X) l* D* T/ F
At the end of the 20 days preparing for the TOEFL iBT, I knew exactly I would do very well on the reading and listening section, and I did, I got all 30 points in the reading section.
' \: ^# {% e. L( e5 ^5 C- K  fI am not bragging here, I just wanna demonstrate how effective when a direct perspective on the language was employed. Forget about the New Oriental School, forget the books that written by Chinese people teaching people how to study English, you can do it well if you do it right.  
0 Q4 o8 y# |8 g: ^I am in Germany now, they never heard about anything like New Oriental School, but many German people could speak English very well, better than me.
, p/ T0 C. G2 C9 L/ P8 BAnd also, here is another two cents worth from me: you’ve got to have a sense of humour to understand English well. This point is elaborated by me in the following link http://www.epiman.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid2394.6 g) }1 B4 j6 @+ R  i* I  a" Z3 b3 ]8 b
(I wish I could upload an e-book named JOKES FOR ALL OCCASIONS, unfortunately, the rule of forum are against this now, so maybe I will wait.) 5 U& y2 |6 N/ w
I hope my case is helpful to you. If you are patient enough to read my reply, thank you.
. C* o4 W. j+ j* z, @I really hope I could get more interesting things from this forum, like “how to” books, English novels (like Harry Potter), English jokes, English magazines (like Readers’ digest), not English learning experiences; you don’t need any learning experiences either. Trust me and trust yourself.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

手机版|会员|至尊|接种|公卫人 ( 沪ICP备06060850号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 13:58 , Processed in 0.054960 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip On, MemCached On.