iavjssssmqee 发表于 2010-6-10 18:28:39 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

注册后推荐绑定QQ,之后方才可以使用下方的“用QQ帐号登录”。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
US doctors accused of performing torture experiments + {" i' A3 O5 _
Updated 16:18 08 June 2010 by Andy Coghlan
1 c5 d) F2 I; l/ E' x
7 [( _) }  V% C' V6 U7 u& `7 W$ G7 P2 _
Doctors in the US have taken part in experiments on detainees to refine alleged torture techniques, claim human rights activists.
- q* d& _4 _0 I. }3 q
; B* l( z' p( E8 U; D9 aThe alleged experiments relate to sleep deprivation, interrogation techniques and waterboarding – the practice of simulating drowning by pouring water over a detainee's face. The CIA has admitted that it used waterboarding on Khalid Sheik Mohammed, the self-confessed mastermind of the 9/11 attacks in the US.
3 p$ g) ~) T! S7 J! C! e) k7 e3 o
Researchers at Physicians For Human Rights (PHR), based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, say they have found evidence of the experiments and of the involvement of doctors in declassified documents. The waterboarding experiments supposedly demonstrated that giving salty water instead of plain water would reduce the likelihood of coma. The researchers also found evidence of sleep deprivation studies on 25 detainees, and investigations of the effects of multiple interrogation techniques.7 C; i4 \: Y& }' ^' K& Z
; g. ~5 G6 T* `6 W" I2 S. ]
"These three examples clearly constitute examples of research," says Allen Keller of New York University School of Medicine, co-author of the report. The aim, he says, was to identify thresholds of pain and suffering that would achieve results without legally qualifying as torture.) D6 @; c( o8 K
% M, ?. m. [. r% @: Q9 H8 Y/ q
Steven Reissner, PHR's adviser on ethics, says the CIA's experiments breach international codes of research, because these demand that subjects give informed consent and that harm to subjects should be minimised. "Both of these were egregiously violated," he says., r% m0 [  h, c& j9 h. a

" e; v0 V7 V. |The CIA has denied that such experiments were conducted. The PHR has demanded an official investigation and condemned the CIA's response. "[In the past] we got denials every time there was evidence torture had occurred," said a spokesman. Former president George W. Bush has admitted detainees were waterboarded.  n: [5 Z$ q: P+ Z3 ~* b

4 O7 q3 v! R' p* R0 ^- Q% d$ f: i7 Q; Ohttp://www.newscientist.com/arti ... re-experiments.html
0 r  k3 B6 \9 l4 }
 楼主| iavjssssmqee 发表于 2010-6-10 18:29:10 | 显示全部楼层
美国医生被指参与酷 刑实验! Y+ F% w3 ?4 ~) W. Z
" [. s5 Y. ]1 l% R7 U# X
撰文:Andy Coghlan6 k6 ]' F" w3 l* h/ U. s7 A: I
《新科学家》2010年6月8日16:18报道 / J5 [2 C" P% M& b' H5 r* h# F4 X

! F& f( J5 D1 w7 z$ A6 w1 a- ]. G2 P" K3 W$ _
人 权活动家声称:美国医生为完善所谓的酷 刑技巧而参加了针对拘押犯人的实验。
' P& W8 H' L: v1 `/ ?9 g
  k% C$ R# F6 ^$ ~8 R- H声称中的实验涉及睡眠剥夺、审讯技巧及水刑 —— 其中水刑系指模仿溺毙情形而将水泼到犯人脸上的作法。美国中情局已经承认,在审讯911恐怖袭击案的自供主谋哈立德•谢赫•穆罕默德时动用了水刑。
, J) _9 y7 _8 L+ c2 y$ U. B6 ~9 [0 ?( Z" U4 c3 [& B
位于麻省剑桥的医生促进人 权协会(PHR)的研究者说,他们已经在解密文件中发现酷 刑实验以及医生参与其中的证据。水刑实验据称显示了:用盐水替代淡水可以减少昏迷的可能性。研究者也发现针对25名犯人的睡眠剥夺实验证据,以及多重审讯技巧效应的实验证据。
' f0 d. ?+ E; o' y
5 p. |. }+ s: _8 X* n“这三个例子明确无误地构成了研究样本,”纽约大学医学院、该报告的共同作者 Allen Keller说。他指出,实验的目的在于证实痛苦与忍受域值,在该域值上无须法律认定构成折磨即可达到审讯所期望的效果。
, d5 x" r2 ?: u& {& w9 U8 s# Y) @0 F5 B) @, a9 w! d/ z
PHR道德顾问Steven Reissner 说中情局的实验违反了国际研究法规,因为这些法规要求给予实验对象知情权,并且对实验对象的伤害也应该降到最低。/ R, Y% \. l  u- S

! O/ o1 V3 @; S中情局否认了这一指控,声称从未进行过这类实验。PHR已经要求政府进行正式调查并谴责了中情局的反应。“(过去)每次有证据表明酷 刑发生的时候,我们都会被否定。”一名发言人说。前总统小布什已承认犯人受过水刑。! I" J' a8 y' \6 A" D& G3 p! W+ K
* a5 D6 M/ n$ q0 j

' A  p. f/ j) R$ v8 i' {0 D+ y9 S8 E/ H8 p& j- ~3 S" t% M" M

$ T+ N+ i% V- ~# G8 W1 X( Y
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

手机版|会员|至尊|接种|公卫人 ( 沪ICP备06060850号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-29 18:42 , Processed in 0.217419 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip On, MemCached On.