只需一步,快速开始

查看: 2127|回复: 1

[英语] Bills Would Ban BPA From Food and Drink Containers

[复制链接]
forrestlin 发表于 2009-3-16 00:03:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

注册后推荐绑定QQ,之后方才可以使用下方的“用QQ帐号登录”。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
Leaders from the House and Senate introduced legislation yesterday that would establish a federal ban on bisphenol A in all food and beverage containers.
$ I7 r0 ^  Z6 f  U& @2 z% A- }( K9 t
The bills, introduced by Rep. Edward J. Markey (D-Mass.) and Sens. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.), would greatly expand efforts to limit the chemical from products for young children. ' E: D  `, u0 c" p* S6 R9 j6 ?' Q
6 l# F* h* k' x
The move came a day after Sunoco, the gas and chemical company, sent word to investors that it is now refusing to sell bisphenol A, known as BPA, to companies for use in food and water containers for children younger than 3. The company told investors that it cannot be certain of the chemical compound's safety. Last week, six baby-bottle manufacturers, including Playtex and Gerber, announced that they will stop using BPA in bottles. 2 v9 X+ J) D* |

- M. l4 C% E6 E9 q% |' ^+ ?Tests have found toxic levels of the chemical in products, including those marked as "microwave safe." : C: ]5 d# D' Z
* j; I3 Z% i. \% ~- G6 ^3 y  g
The amounts detected were at levels that have caused neurological and developmental damage in laboratory animals. The problems include genital defects, behavioral changes and abnormal development of mammary glands.
; y7 ^, j/ @+ c4 O  z6 B. y. g9 }8 l6 Q/ N. k. P
The changes to the mammary glands were identical to those observed in women at higher risk for breast cancer.
* f3 J4 @* g/ g6 n# z' V, F
1 {- t% g6 B  U4 l3 g2 ?Studies have shown that the chemical can cause breast cancer, testicular cancer, diabetes, hyperactivity, obesity, low sperm count, miscarriage and a host of other reproductive problems in laboratory animals.
* v+ e. d7 L8 Y/ k7 H. j
* ^* I% X! R" Z; qMore recent studies using human data have linked BPA to heart disease and diabetes. It has been found to interfere with the effects of chemotherapy in breast cancer patients. , e  J1 R. T( ]/ x: c5 t  p$ G' K
8 C" c- {6 I( K9 f+ x

+ ^4 {1 n$ {# b7 {" J, ~
& w6 P1 y) p8 \% v8 K8 h  a' q5 Phttp://www.washingtonpost.com/wp ... R2009031303507.html
mi惑 发表于 2009-3-26 14:35:37 | 显示全部楼层
呵呵  多谢啦
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

手机版|会员|至尊|接种|公卫人 ( 沪ICP备06060850号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 12:48 , Processed in 0.055817 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip On, MemCached On.