只需一步,快速开始

查看: 2952|回复: 0

[外文投稿] Who's Afraid of Peer Review?

[复制链接]
epiman 发表于 2013-11-15 19:29:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

注册后推荐绑定QQ,之后方才可以使用下方的“用QQ帐号登录”。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
A spoof paper concocted by Science reveals little or no scrutiny at many open-access journals.

登录/注册后可看大图

On 4 July, good news arrived in the inbox of Ocorrafoo Cobange, a biologist at the Wassee Institute of Medicine in Asmara. It was the official letter of acceptance for a paper he had submitted 2 months earlier to the Journal of Natural Pharmaceuticals, describing the anticancer properties of a chemical that Cobange had extracted from a lichen.

In fact, it should have been promptly rejected. Any reviewer with more than a high-school knowledge of chemistry and the ability to understand a basic data plot should have spotted the paper's short-comings immediately. Its experiments are so hopelessly flawed that the results are meaningless.

I know because I wrote the paper. Ocorrafoo Cobange does not exist, nor does the Wassee Institute of Medicine. Over the past 10 months, I have submitted 304 versions of the wonder drug paper to open-access journals. More than half of the journals accepted the paper, failing to notice its fatal flaws. Beyond that headline result, the data from this sting operation reveal the contours of an emerging Wild West in academic publishing.

更多:http://www.sciencemag.org/content/342/6154/60.full

Who\\'s Afraid of Peer Review.pdf

1.19 MB, 下载次数: 0, 下载积分: 钢镚 -1 分, 参与 1 贴

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

手机版|会员|至尊|接种|公卫人 ( 沪ICP备06060850号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-18 23:01 , Processed in 0.109193 second(s), 11 queries , Gzip On, MemCached On.